Amlogic official support

• Hello,

I wrote to Amlogic (support AT amlogic DOT com) that some great devs are working with their S905 devices to get Libreelec working.

I ask about CEC and suspend implementation.

The reply saying that they are working with Libreelec, so this is a good news.

But, is this true? Someone knows if they are helping here?

It will be great to have official support.

Kind regards.

• Great!

I don't know how they are helping or working with us!? As far I can tell Amlogic development is being driven by hobby developers.
    I happen to have worked together with gdachs on the CEC driver and no one from Amlogic bothered to help us even though I always wanned a contact person to explain some silliness in their code.

Edited once, last by GDPR-1 (February 6, 2017 at 8:49 AM).

• There is formal contact between some of the developer team and Amlogic. There is however no current intention of supporting suspend features on Amlogic devices (via CEC or any other means) as these devices have no proper power management hardware and use an ancient and deeply flawed (shitty is talking about it in nice words) Linux kernel.

• Hi chewitt

suspend / wake up works fine on my S905X Mini M8S II.

I can use 'XBMC.Suspend', blue LED turns off, and then wake up the box with the remote.
    It didn't work with 7.02.009, but it works at least since 7.03

• Hi chewitt

suspend / wake up works fine on my S905X Mini M8S II.

I can use 'XBMC.Suspend', blue LED turns off, and then wake up the box with the remote.
    It didn't work with 7.02.009, but it works at least since 7.03

Hello Fredouye,

Does the wake up work with original remote?

Could you try with a USB keyboard?

Kind regards.

• Hi zorrua

yes, it works either with the original remote, or a Logitech Harmony.

I don't have a USB keyboard to test...but I guess you can only wake up using the IR port.

• Hi zorrua

yes, it works either with the original remote, or a Logitech Harmony.

I don't have a USB keyboard to test...but I guess you can only wake up using the IR port.

Thanks,

I want to use an external (USB) IR receiver with different remote.

I will try it.

Regards.