Chromium only starts once

• Hi.
    I recently upgraded from a Rpi2 to a NUC. That was on OpenElec.

Then this past week i've switched from OpenElec to LibreELEC (latest stable version).

I installed Chromium addon. It worked fine, but i noticed that it only starts once. After that, when I try to start it, it won't. I have to reboot in order to use it again.

Also i loose sound once i've used Chromium. It works in Chromium, but when i get out, i don't have the skin sounds anymore. Sometimes starting a movie fixes it, but not always. I have to go into the audio settings to select another setting for output and back to HDMI, then i get my sounds back.

Any ideas?

• Official Post

Without logs we cannot do much. Recreate the issue (Open chromium, close it, try to open it again, and try playing a video/music to use the audio output) and grab us the logs. The easiest way to grab the logs is just to enter the \\LIBREELEC\Logfiles samba share. In there you will find a .zip with all logs.

• Well it looks like i fixed it... I didnt set it up until last night, after getting a wireless keyboard with trackpad. I logged into my google account, sycned my extensions etc...

Figured one of them might have been the culprit, so i removed most of them except Lastpass.

After closing it, I was able to open/close multiple times and could not reproduce the problem.

I dont have the exact list of addons that I removed but most of them were : Adblock plus, noscript, videodownloader, wikiwand, cx mouse gestures.

• Go to chrome://settings

Scroll to the bottom and select "Show advanced settings..."

Then untick “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed”

Aahh thank you, will try it when i get home. Probably one addon was leaving it running in the background, and disabling most of them fixed my problem... I'd rather keep most addons going and fixing the issue. Thanks again!

Then untick “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed”

This solution does not work for me
    program chromium installed from the beginning
    I not logged on my google account ( no addons : Adblock plus etc. )
    chromium once it starts and sometimes does not start :) ..... all logs : log-2016-06-11-07.54.03.zip

Ps. This version works OK OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - [ADDON] Chromium Browser - latest stable (1/14)
    but ...Cursor is sometimes lost or flashes ! :(
    This version works for me best browser.chromium-7.0.5.zip
    but does not sync with my Google account ... but I choose this version :)

Edited once, last by kobrawerde (June 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM).

• I've found if I use my mouse to close Chromium via the X I can re open it just fine.

However every time I use alt f4 to close Chromium I have to reboot in order to open it again.