USB Creator makes USB stick not bootable for pc

• The disk image for Generic (PC) builds works just fine. Just because it does not work for you, doesn't mean it does not work for other users as well.

Possibly the boot sector on your USB stick has a problem.
    Try cleaning and fully reformatting it using this windows tool from HP.
    After that, rewrite the disk image onto your USB stick.
    Alternatively, try a different USB stick.

Doesn't work for me either. Have tried it on multiple windows and Mac computers. Downloads the image fine. Writes to the SD card fine. Click close. Put the stick in the pi 2 (I made sure it was rasp pi 2 and 3, stock 7.0.3 image auto selected) and all I get is a colored screen on my pi.

• Isn't this indication of bad power supply? Nothing related to problems here.

(Debug-screen.jpg)
    No usually it has to do with no bootable image/files on the SD card. ITs like a multicolored square image. Ive seen this plenty before. Usually I realize I didn't follow the directions of the boot image correctly. Buts its kinda hard to not follow the 3 buttons to click for an "easy" setup. I tried multiple SD cards and multiple raspberry pi2 and they all did the same thing. Made sure the SD card was inserted correctly as well. Is there a step missing in the directions to install the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.3.img.gz image? I mean 1. Select raspberry pi 2 and 3, 2. auto selected 7.0.3 image. 3. Click download. 4. select SD card, 5 click write 6 click close? Unless I'm missing something there? I guess 7 insert sd card into pi and turn pi on? Which I did :(

• (Debug-screen.jpg)
    No usually it has to do with no bootable image/files on the SD card. ITs like a multicolored square image. Ive seen this plenty before. Usually I realize I didn't follow the directions of the boot image correctly. Buts its kinda hard to not follow the 3 buttons to click for an "easy" setup. I tried multiple SD cards and multiple raspberry pi2 and they all did the same thing. Made sure the SD card was inserted correctly as well. Is there a step missing in the directions to install the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.3.img.gz image? I mean 1. Select raspberry pi 2 and 3, 2. auto selected 7.0.3 image. 3. Click download. 4. select SD card, 5 click write 6 click close? Unless I'm missing something there? I guess 7 insert sd card into pi and turn pi on? Which I did :(

No one else have any problems with this? I have tried multiple SD cards (including a brand new one), completely never used Pi 2. 4 different power supplys. I think something is missing from the boot image that actually allows the pi2 to boot. I have even tried the "Easy" installer on 3 different computers. Windows 10, windows 7, and Mac OS. None of them are booting on the pi2. (either one of them.) Every time i get a multi-colored screen. Which i have experienced before normally it has to do with the SD card missing something file wise.

• Are you using the right image? Are you sure you have an RPi2 and not an RPi B+???

Also, can you post a file list of the contents on the first partition of the SD card?

Yes i absolutely am sure i have a rpi2 since i currently own two of them, been using them for a few years and have an original one as a shelf trophy thing haha so Yes im using raspberry pi 2. Image is the one selected from 1. Select Version, Raspberry pi 2 and 3. LibreELEC-rpi2.arm-7.0.3.img.tar, 116 (ive tried all four underneath this nothing has worked.) 2. Clicked Download. 3. Select the only SD card i have in my computer (no usbs drives are plugged in so i know im not accidentally writing to a different USB). 4. Click Write. 5. Write DONE! 6. Click Close. Folder structure looks like this: 9

• Can't see that image - can you use imgur.com instead?

This is rather unusual as the RPi image writing and boot procedure is pretty straight forward, and fairly well proven.

Provided you've chosen the correct image for the target device, the only reason for failure is hardware related - power supply, SD card, or the device itself. Since you've tried multiple SD card and multiple RPi2 can you try a different power supply (and/or USB power cable - too thin a cable causes significant voltage drop) as that's about the only component you haven't tried replacing.

• Ok, yep, that looks like the RPi2 image. Now, assuming the SD card is fine and not corrupt, then that only leaves the other two options...bad PSU, or device (RPi2) failure.

• Ok, yep, that looks like the RPi2 image. Now, assuming the SD card is fine and not corrupt, then that only leaves the other two options...bad PSU, or device (RPi2) failure.

Which is why i tried two different power supplies, two different TVs, two different PI2, two different outlets. Two different switches and Two different HDMI cables. Hard to believe that everything in my house is dead. considering my other two tvs work, two other power supplies charge devices, other hdmi cables all work fine.
    [hr]

Which is why i tried two different power supplies, two different TVs, two different PI2, two different outlets. Two different switches and Two different HDMI cables. Hard to believe that everything in my house is dead. considering my other two tvs work, two other power supplies charge devices, other hdmi cables all work fine.

Oh and a different SD card including one BRAND New PNY high performance SD card.

Edited once, last by nhenry1541 (February 20, 2017 at 1:18 AM).