Managing several version of a movie

• Hi there,

I would be interested in a feature that would allow to manage several version of a same movie by having only one librairy entries and then when selecting the movie and hit play, having a dialog box which gives the choice of which version to play.

Let's say for instance I have a cinema version and director's cut version of a same movie, then having only one librairy entry, and then when hit play select which one I want to see.
    It can be 2D/3D, 1080p / 720p, FR language, EN language (sometimes you can't find multi language file for a movie) etc ...

I read some post dated one year ago stating that the feature was on dev and will be available in a near future.
    However, since then, no news ...

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regs
    Guillaume

• Hi,

Yes, I 've been asking in several forum and that's the conclusion I came to, you're right.
    The only issue I have is that if I already have movie sets based on the vanilla movie set feature, then it doesn't work.

For instance, Aliens saga has multiple versions of the 4 first movies, but Aliens is already a movie set.

However, I can handle by having duplicate entries in the saga and rename it after scrapping in order to get each versions an appropriate more precise name.

Thanks
    Guillaume
    [hr]
    Hi there,

Appararently, the feature is scheduled to be developped and it's in progress.

However, the videoextra addon seems to manage it quite well ...

A good lead to follow.

Regs
    Guillaume

Edited once, last by Gui26 (June 5, 2016 at 9:50 AM).