SD Card resize partition

• Hey guys!

I've got an 8 GB image using Pi Baker to put it on a 16 GB sd card.
    The problem is that only the 8 GB is allocated on the SD card.

Can someone explain how to expand the none used data so I can use the whole SD card?

Why I want to use the 8 GB image file is because of that all SD Cards has different file sizes.
    All of them are 16GB but in reality 16,04 GB and another 16,03 GB.
    Using Pi Baker with a 16,04 GB image file won't work on a 16,03 GB SD card.
    Do you see my problem?

I'm using LibreELEC and I've seen funktions like parted and gparted. Apparently they can not be installed just because LibreELEC is locked.

Please, someone.. help!

Thanks

• Write the 8GB card image to the 16GB card using our SD/USB writer app or any other writer app. Then put the 16GB card in a computer running any standard-ish Linux distro and use gparted to resize the storage partition on the card. Our app can write the image, but it cannot expand it.

The last writer just told me so and I got confused when the USB-SD Creator told me that my SD Card will be overwritten.

So, you mean that I put my SD Card in a USB Memory Reader. I put it into another raspberry pi running Raspbian and install gparted.
    Is that correct?

• It looks like you are complicating things for no reason or i really have no clue of what your are trying to do.
    Why not;
    -Create a backup of your LibreELEC (8gb installation) using the built-in Backup/Restore function
    -Save the backup to external media (USB drive)
    -Install LibreELEC fresh to SD cards (all the space of SD cards is allocated)
    -Use the built-in Restore function with the external media plugged in (USB drive)
    Done