Getting RPi to cut power to TV and amplifer.

• Hello,

I am running LibreElec on a RPi2 that it is connected to my TV via an A/V amplifier.

When I leave the Pi for about five minutes or so, it dims the screen.

Is there any way that I can have the Pi cut the power to the TV and amplifier at this point?

I originally wanted to use one of these:

Belkin Energy Saving Smart AV Power Strip: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

but these do not apparently work as the wattage from a Pi is too low for the master switch to recognise any difference in power usage.

Can anyone suggest any other clever way to achieve the above?

• Home automation?

There are power plugs that are wifi/zwave/bluetooth/ethernet connected. Plug the monitor and amp into one of those, and control it with the pi?

• I would suggest that you would need to build an addon that senses when there is a period of inactivity. Or even detect when the screensaver is activated. You'd then have to find a way of sending a command to whatever is controlling the power to the TV to power it off. I looked into the Vera home automation system some time ago and that it think supports remote commands and could potentially serve the purpose but it's quite pricey. I know you can get USB Zwave controllers but I'd imagine have to venture into the world of compiling your own Kernal and making your own build from source to get those drivers into Libreelec.