Posts by shanemarsh28

Update:

I have noticed this happening on other client's too now they have been online for a longer period of time. One of my other client however recorded a slightly different version of the error:

So I have followed instruction in the log and also raised a ticket directly with DVBLogic. I have no idea if the same issue or different but I thought better to be safe.

Full Logs Here: log-2017-02-07-17.54.47.zip - Google Drive

Hi,

Found a new error I've not seen before that caused one of the Pi's to crash over this evening. It's the bit that says: ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Looks like an unhandled error exception maybe?

Full logs attached.

Shane

Happy to report that I now consider this issue to be resolved.

The bump to 7.95.2 seems to have settled the above problem. Kodi still buffer a couple of times when it has a problem with the stream but now instead of endlessly stuttering, it recovers after 10 seconds or so and then becomes perfectly watchable.

Ps: 7.95.2 freels far more polished! Great work guys :)

What kind of effects are you seeing to want to have cache settings?

I too did try to update the cache settings when I went from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17 but found (after some advice from this forum) it's better to remove the Cache settings entirely from advancedsettings.xml. Kodi manages it all itself now and there should be no need for a manual configuration as the old <minvideocachelevel>, <minaudiocachelevel>, and <cacheindvdplayer> settings in Kodi 16 and below were a work around.

"Safe" cache settings I guess for a RPI3 on Kodi 17 would be somthing like:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <cache>
      <memorysize>139460608</memorysize> 
      <buffermode>1</buffermode> 
      <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

I've found another example. This crash looked similar but is on a channel change this time. I've omitted nothing from the logs and it seems the PI became unresponsive, without error for a few mins before the power was pulled. Any ideas?

Excerpt of log here. Full logs attached:

I would suggest that you would need to build an addon that senses when there is a period of inactivity. Or even detect when the screensaver is activated. You'd then have to find a way of sending a command to whatever is controlling the power to the TV to power it off. I looked into the Vera home automation system some time ago and that it think supports remote commands and could potentially serve the purpose but it's quite pricey. I know you can get USB Zwave controllers but I'd imagine have to venture into the world of compiling your own Kernal and making your own build from source to get those drivers into Libreelec.

The end of the log contains:

Code
    00:11:20.720 T:1393554336   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.200' (101))
    00:11:20.720 T:1393554336 WARNING: DoWork - Unable to open video database. Can not save file state!

Is it possible there is a problem with your MySQL server or network?
    Can you try disabling MySQL and play some files and see if kodi is stable or not?

I did see this but kind of disregarded it because all the other PI's in the house were OK at the time. I've got 4 Pi's running Libreelec in the house and none of the others stopped responding at the same time. I have DVBLogic & SQL on a dedicated server and all clients are cabled to it though the same gigabit Ethernet hub so I would have thought that if there was a network issue, even if it was a minor glitch, they all would have fallen over together. I also think this error was produced after Kodi became visually unresponsive and might be a result of the crash as it's the very last entry before I cycled the power.

Because they are in use more or less 24/7, we even use the PI's to listen to radio over night, I see a lot of crashes. I'm sure they crash over even more often than I know about because I have to try and find issues by keeping an eye on logs and up times - everyone else in the house has got bored of telling me when they break. I just happened to see this unusual crash as it happened so I thought it best to mention it here.

Hi,

Got another bug for you - I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know. :) Please find logs attached.

During video playback something is going wrong. Occasionally, the PI suddenly becomes unstable and video playback begins to stutter. After a couple of seconds, playback then halts altogether. In this example, I tried to change channel and I was able to get the guide on screen. However the channel did not load and only presented a dialog busy spinner. I then tried to stop at which point the dialog busy stoped turning. Then PI crashed over completely, Kodi exits and the screen goes black. The only option is to cycle the power.

Code
    0:10:29.022 T:1496314784   DEBUG: CVideoPlayer::OMXDoProcessing Pause -4.07,-3.13 (A:10 V:10) EOF:0 FULL:0 T:0.40
    00:10:29.022 T:1496314784   DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed(0.000) pause_resume:1
    00:10:29.043 T:1496314784   DEBUG: Overlay: x:0 y:514 w:720 h:32
    00:10:29.077 T:1496314784   DEBUG: CDVDClock::SetSpeedAdjust - adjusted:0.000000

I know this is happening often but this is the first time I've been able to get the log files for you to see. I can't force this behaviour. Would I be right in thinking you might have a patch for this already? I remember reading a commit within GIT from the past couple of days that sets a minimum CDVDClock parameter or is this a different issue?

Please take a good look through the logs, you will note that at the moment, the PI is VERY unstable and is needing to be restarted after every few or so hours. Each crash feels different. If your able to help with why this is happening I would be grateful.

Shane

OK Now I've calmed down and put my soapbox back in the cupboard I have gone through your logs and this is what I think...

• It looks like your currently on the Kodi 17 Beta7. Go to Libreelec download and upgrade to Libreelec 7.95.1. This version uses Kodi 17 RC3 which is a mildly more stable.
    • TV headend & Youtube addons are both reporting connection issues.

I would check and make sure the connection between server, client and Internet is OK. It looks like TV headend might be on the same box as Kodi? If so, the server is where i'd begin for sure as this is likely to be the main cause of your problems. As I mentioned above in my rant, any streaming errors in these later versions of Kodi nearly always results in a crash. Also, if your using WIFI as your connection to the internet, consider using an cabled Ethernet connection instead.

Code
    14:53:45.979 T:140701559932672   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command hello failed: No response received
    14:53:45.980 T:140701559932672   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - failed to send hello
    14:53:49.792 T:140703109314304   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect: Caught exception, aborting.
    14:53:49.793 T:140703109314304   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect failed. Retry in 16 seconds.
    14:53:50.981 T:140701559932672   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command hello failed: No response received
    14:53:50.981 T:140701559932672   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - failed to send hello
    14:54:00.984 T:140701702543104   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:998

These above errors might be because Kodi has started before TV Headend Server (if your server is local) but that doesn't explain the connection errors when you try to play some recorded TV. Again the TVHeadend server is most likely at fault here.

Lastly, you also have an LCD screen addon that's not very happy - might be worth checking if all is OK here.

Code
    14:55:42.167 T:140703109314304   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect: Caught exception, aborting.
    14:55:42.167 T:140703109314304   ERROR: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connect failed. Giving up. Please fix any connection problems and restart the addon.[size=12][/size]

Soo, what I would do is firstly check that the TVHeadend server is functioning as expected, check your internet connections are stable and go from there. Maybe test the channels remotely (on another PC/cross network) using VLC player if needed.

I hope I've helped.

I might be writing this with a little bit of anger as my PI on the beta build has spent the entire night crashing in so many fabulous ways, the only thing it hasnt done yet is catch itself on fire! I am a man of patience but it's testing me today.

Anyways I have also seen this - today. Worth noting that Kodi does not seem to fail gracefully on stream errors. Any errors in the stream (in my experience) usually makes Kodi crash and burn in a rather annoying and embarrassing way ;)

My personal thoughts, having taken the time to look through the forked repository in its entirety I beleive, as there is an awful lot of code left from the older OL releases, it's possible that there is a memory leak somewhere in the underlying operating system that's never been fixed. This would make the issue unpredictable. Intermittent issues are the hardest and take the most amount of time to fix.

Anyways I hope they get it sorted (fingers crossed). And I hope my patience won't break in the same way as my pi and cause me to fling it out the window, helped along with many choice phrases and blue coloured language ;)

I have the same kind of issue. I just use Kodi to play videos off of my external hard drive (same thing from any other drive I have tried). I will be watching a movie/TV show then randomly the circling icon for busy pops up then a few seconds later, I am seeing the black screen followed by the start screen of Libreelec/Kodi. Usually, when I get back to the video I was watching, it shows that I haven't watched any of it. Sometimes this happens shortly after powering up the unit and then other times, it is days after watching movies/TV shows. It seems very random to me. I have tried to reproduce the effect by watching the same video and I can't "force" it to happen. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3. I know I am using the Jarvis update, not sure of the number though. If someone could explain how to get the crash log, I could post that. I am still a newbie when it comes to all this. I just follow along with guides and things I can search from Google. I have uninstalled add-ons, reformatted the Micro SD card and changed skins, but nothing seems to change the randomness of the restarts.

Pyroson, logs are usually available if you enable SMB from the libreelec settings and going to the logs folder ie: \\ip.address.of.pi\logs Each set of logs are zipped together. Here is some instructions from the WIKI: HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Other things to check, if your using external Hard Drive with a Raspberry PI, ALWAYS use a powered USB hub between the Pi and the Hard Drive. RPI's cannot supply enough power through their USB ports to support a hard drive fully. Send the logs and I'll find out some more.

I am seeing an issue with the beta build on the RPI. After a period of inactivity (several hours usually) when you wake the PI and immediately try to play a Live TV channel from the TV guide, it gets as far as the Dialog Busy turning logo and then freezes.

I have attached the full logfile. The point at which the first button was pressed on the remote was:

Code
    05:16:42.023 T:1962606592   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 31822511:6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput (KEY_DOWN)

Moving further down, the log follows the user making they way through to the Channels list and eventually selecting BBC1

Code
    05:16:49.610 T:1962606592   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.dvblink_14.pvr)

Further down the log it opens the live stream, displays dialogbusy.xml, freezes for 15 seconds, then terminates the process.

Code
    05:16:49.760 T:1354998688   DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'BBC ONE HD'
    05:16:49.761 T:1354998688   DEBUG: opening live stream for channel 'BBC ONE HD'
    05:16:50.258 T:1962606592   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
    05:16:50.360 T:1962606592   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 31830848:160 0 KEY_OK_UP devinput (KEY_OK_UP)
    05:17:16.187 T:1409282976   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1409282976 terminating (autodelete)
    05:17:16.188 T:1505674144   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1505674144 terminating (autodelete)
    05:17:16.192 T:1633670048   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1633670048 terminating (autodelete)

Nothing was played on the PI after than but you can see in the evening the PI was unplugged by the power. This is here on line: 76134.

Code
    21:33:32.314 T:1961975808  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/

At this point, before the power was pulled, the dialog busy was still displaying on screen. I can see background processes were still running (weathermap).

Any help in identifying why this is happening will be appreciated. This is happening regularly. Full logs are attached.

Shane
    [hr]
    I have looked into this a little further and I'm beginning to see that the cause of the issue started with with the DVB server not supplying a stream. In essance a server side error - not kodi.

The server side error was because I changed a setting that enabled multiple channels to play at once on a given freeview transponder and I forgot to restart the servers service. The server during this time was thinking there were tuners available when there wasn't.

With that now sorted, is it possible to introduce a "patch" or something into Libreelec that allows it to fail gracefully on stream errors? Maybe introduce a timeout or visible error message?