Cant Install Error in mount_flash

• I am trying to install latest librelelec generic to my new intel appollo lake NUC.
    I tried on both SD card and usb but I still get the error in mount_flash when trying to boot installer.

Any suggestions?

using UEFI boot.

• Which NUC exactly is it?
    Does have a SSD/HDD on board?

One odd possibility: clean your USB/SD's with this tool, do a full format on all of them.
    Perhaps the boot sector on the USB/SD is 'dirty'.

Its the new Apollo Lake NUC with preinstalled Windows 10.
    No SSD or HD.
    Im trying to install from 1 usb to another usb but usb installer wont start.

Tried the clean.
    its not the stick as I get same error on a SD card.

• Go to your BIOS/UEFI, disable Secure Boot and delete all security keys if installed.
    When you say latest LibreELEC generic is it 7.95.1 ?
    If so try this;
    After using the “LibreELEC USB-SD Creator” to prepare your USB stick, go back to File Explorer verify that the size of it is 511MB then right-click your USB stick and rename it manually to exactly this "LIBREELEC" without quotes(even if it's already named that) then right-click again select "Properties" and do the same there in the General tab.
    Try to install again.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 24, 2017 at 10:22 PM).

• Go to your BIOS/UEFI, disable Secure Boot and delete all security keys if installed.
    When you say latest LibreELEC generic is it 7.95.1 ?
    If so try this;
    After using the “LibreELEC USB-SD Creator” to prepare your USB stick, go back to File Explorer verify that the size of it is 511MB then right-click your USB stick and rename it manually to exactly this "LIBREELEC" without quotes(even if it's already named that) then right-click again select "Properties" and do the same there in the General tab.
    Try to install again.

Secureboot was disabled already when I bought it.

Yes I tried both 7.951 and 7.90.

Tried that no difference.
    Size of partition is 511 and around 300mb is used.

• Secureboot was disabled already when I bought it.

Yes I tried both 7.951 and 7.90.

Tried that no difference.
    Size of partition is 511 and around 300mb is used.

Did you try what i suggested and renamed the Volume label?
    Also did you try running "live" from the USB stick, does it work?

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 24, 2017 at 10:34 PM).

• Did you try what i suggested and renamed the Volume label?
    Also did you try running "live" from the USB stick, does it work?

yup tried the rename and live gives same error.
    in the .cfg file all of the options use UUID= instead of label.
    Is this correct?

• Edit the "syslinux.cfg" file in the root of the USB stick like this below, it worked here.

• How did you create the USB? Check that the filesystem with SYSTEM/KERNEL present is labelled "System".

I used both the LE USB Creator and Win32DiskImager.

On both it dont add a label to the 2nd partition, the partition with EFI folder is called LIBREELEC.
    I tried changing the LABEL option in syslinux to say LIBREELEC but same error.

Edited once, last by Nekromantik (January 25, 2017 at 10:26 AM).