[SOLVED] Auto deinterlace method

• Hello,

I am running LibreELEC 7.0.2 with 3.14 kernel on Cubox-i4x4. I watch live TV and need to use deinterlacing for all HD 1080i channels. I have five available options for deinterlacing methods: Auto, IMX - Low Motion, IMX - Double rate (inverted), IMX - Double rate, IMX - Fast motion. I only use "Double rate" (I'll call it DR) and "Double rate (inverted)" (I'll call it DR(i)) - some channels use DR and some use DR(i).

Now I know by watching TV through Kodi that deinterlace method Auto = DR. Meaning, if the method is left as Auto, the selected method ALWAYS is DR. The Auto setting never uses any other deinterlace method. What this means for me is that I have to go channel by channel and find out which channels need the DR(i) and change the method for each channel. Then for any recording from those channels I have to change the method to DR(i) first time I play the recording.

What has to change in order for the Auto setting actually selects the best deinterlace method? Is there something I can do by modifying the code and rebuilding so the Auto setting always works correctly? Can anyone point me where to look in the code to do this (is possible) and what to look for in the channel information to see what determines which method should be used?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Since vpeter made a patch for LibreELEC 8.0.0 that fixes deinterlacing so both normal and inverted method work with the same selected deinterlace method, this issue (for me at least) is resolved. I will be switching to LibreELEC 8.0.0 with vpeter's fix.

Edited once, last by pajtaz (March 9, 2017 at 7:00 PM).