v8.0.0: Device crashes when entering suspended mode (nVidia driver issue)

• This may require a 'new/different' thread, but the 8.2.x and 9.x.x LE versions may have introduced an additional issue, or a new one, where the system cannot 'shutdown' or 'suspend', due to Xorg getting 'stuck' (and it's process running-away at 100% CPU) during the 'shutdown' process (as per tailing the 'kodi.log' file). LibreElec-shutdown-issue-logs.txt

I cannot 'kill' the Xorg process (even with a -9), and requires the 10-second power-button death stroke, to shut off the system.

Oddly enough, it appears to be isolated to 4K televisions. ((systems using an ASUS GT520 video card))

I believe I have reduced the possible issues to the driver or card (tested using the 'current' Nvidia version, and the 'legacy' one via the UDEV 'fix'), attempting to converse with the TV (and not getting a response ?) by testing the process of selecting 'power off', but pulling out the HDMI cable before pressing the 'OK' ('select') button, at which point the system shuts down properly...

Edited 5 times, last by yubby (April 3, 2019 at 6:42 PM).

• where the system cannot 'shutdown' or 'suspend', due to Xorg getting 'stuck' (and it's process running-away at 100% CPU) during the 'shutdown' process (as per tailing the 'kodi.log' file).

When this happens, can you pastebin the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log and post the link?

• Just an FYI (1 year later). I had begun swapping-out the units that used the Nvidia-based HDMI connections, replacing with mini-PC's that have integrated DisplayPort 1.2 connections, feeding off of the embedded Intel GPU, usually the HD4000 (which I then used DP to HDMI cables).

The issues with the 4K TV's is no longer an issue, which may indicate that there is an issue with specific graphic chipsets, age and compatibility, etc...