Odroid C2 and gpio-ir-recv

• Hi,

Today I use LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 2. I drive it by a GPIO IR and it work perfectly. I use the GPIO IR because my TV don't have CEC and I hide the Rasp2 behind the TV.

I bought an Odroid C2 to upgrade my HTPC (HEVC especially). I use on it LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.010.img.gz.
    I tried to set the GPIO IR (en:c2_lirc [Odroid Wiki]) but unfortunately that don't work.

LibreELEC:~ # modprobe gpio-ir-recvLibreELEC:~ # modprobe gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=249 active_low=1modprobe: FATAL: Module gpioplug-ir-recv not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29

Could you info me if you are going to update the kernel for the final release of Kodi V17, or what do I do wrong?

Thank.

Meirick

• Hello,

I upgrade my OdroidC2 with the last version of LibreElec, 7.95.3.
    LIRC is enable in the parameter-service. But I don't know how to use it. Is this setting only for the IR on the board, or for a IR connected on the GPIO?
    I try to download my lirc.conf (from my RP2 setting) in the /etc/lirc, but that fail (read-only file).

Could someone help me, please?

Meirick

• I am having problems as well with the Odroid C2 IR receiver (just tried it out today).
    I was following this guide http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210987&pid=2291663#pid2291663
    and when I finished programming the remote codes I pressed <ENTER> to finish the recording and the SSH session just hung (tried the SSH session through Putty [Windows] and Telnet [Mac])

When I checked the lircd.conf file my changes were not entered.
    Any ideas???

Tested with LibreElec 7.95.3 and with a recent community build LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz (these were both fresh installs)

Edited once, last by thegooddoctor (February 12, 2017 at 5:04 AM).

• Looks like GPIO IR will be working soon again: ODROID Forum • View topic - LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition - 32bit
    (have a look at @wrxtasys reply 3 post afterwards)

It is a missing module since krypton builds.

Edit:

I am having problems as well with the Odroid C2 IR receiver (just tried it out today).
    I was following this guide http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210987&pid=2291663#pid2291663
    and when I finished programming the remote codes I pressed <ENTER> to finish the recording and the SSH session just hung (tried the SSH session through Putty [Windows] and Telnet [Mac])

When I checked the lircd.conf file my changes were not entered.
    Any ideas???

Tested with LibreElec 7.95.3 and with a recent community build LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz (these were both fresh installs)

Cannot say anything to your actual issue, but you can simply take the lircd.conf from your raspberry and drop it into .config directory the same way as it was on your Rpi2. It will work on the C2 (at least it should and does on mine).

Edited once, last by infinity85 (February 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM).

• Storage/.config just like rpi should do it. I just know that some builds had lirc issues... Not sure whether only community builds (wrxtasy, Raybuntu) were affected, or the official ones as well. But anyhow... Storage/.config is the correct directory.
    etc/lirc is read-only, thus cannot be the right one.

• Ok in directory /storage/.config .
    I tried in /etc/lirc/ ,like mentionned in the Odroid wiki (doku.php?id=en:c2_lir). It is a mistake for Libreelec.

A request, maybe for the future, could you update the kernel at 3.14.79 at least. To have the posibility to wake up using IR remote controller and HDMi CEC. This would be suitable feature for some users.

Meirick

• As far as i know LibreELEC was the first system which integrated the IR and HDMI-CEC power on/off. The official kernel adapted it later. Don't worry, it works... The kernel number doesn't matter in terms of libreelec.

The developer Kwiboo was responsible for this (for OpenPHT, initial testing was on LibreELEC 4 months ago or so) :)

• Hello,

I install the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0 release on my Odroid C2, and the module gpioplug-ir-recv is not present. So impossible to use the IR on GPIO.
    I test with the IR on the board and that work, but is it possible to set the repeat timing?

Meirick

Edited once, last by meirick (February 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM).

• Hello,

I install the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0 release on my Odroid C2, and the module gpioplug-ir-recv is not present. So impossible to use the IR on GPIO.
    I test with the IR on the board and that work, but is it possible to set the repeat timing?

Meirick

It is not just the module: gpioplug-ir-recv missing. It is also the dependent module: modprobe options missing:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # modprobe options gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=238 active_low=1
    modprobe: FATAL: Module options not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29
    LibreELEC:~ # options gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=238 active_low=1

I see this error message, because wrxtasy incorporated the gpioplug-ir-recv into a LibreELEC 7.1.3 community testbuild successfully, but still the GPIO IR didn't work. So I saw that assignment of gpio_nr=238 wasn't possible because of the missing modprobe options module.

The thing here is... This thread is in the wrong subforum here. You refer to the official LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0 release, but this subforum here is only for the community builds.

• It is not just the module: gpioplug-ir-recv missing. It is also the dependent module: modprobe options missing:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # modprobe options gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=238 active_low=1
    modprobe: FATAL: Module options not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29
    LibreELEC:~ # options gpioplug-ir-recv gpio_nr=238 active_low=1

I see this error message, because wrxtasy incorporated the gpioplug-ir-recv into a LibreELEC 7.1.3 community testbuild successfully, but still the GPIO IR didn't work. So I saw that assignment of gpio_nr=238 wasn't possible because of the missing modprobe options module.

The thing here is... This thread is in the wrong subforum here. You refer to the official LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0 release, but this subforum here is only for the community builds.

Would be great to have GPIO IR working in LE master.. Nowadays I am trying all kind of builds and test, if there GPIO works or not ..

• infinity85 cdu13a made a great work with implementing gpioplug-ir-recv into CE. For some reason I personally have struggles and although meson-ir works fine for me, GPIO for some reason dont. If tou want, I would appretiate, if you can give it a try.. As it works for cdu13a (both raw codes, and kernel codes), I starting to suspect event my GPIO/Odroid C2 :)