VPN Manager - ipvanish

• Hello,

I have a problem with the VPN manager for openvpn addon, since yesterday. So it worked perfectly fine before.

IpVanish changing some stuff (server etc) at the moment. So I can't connect to my VPN. I just have to wait for an update for the addon?

Thanks,

Dan

Edited once, last by Danmann (January 11, 2017 at 7:35 PM).

• I'm sorry. I mean vpn manager for openvpn.
    [hr]
    I think, change the config files name (.ovpn) in the files name of vpn manager (~/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/IPVanish) what you can get from ipvanish website would solve the problem. Vpn manager has the old file, I guess.

I'll try this if I get some time.

Edited once, last by Danmann (January 11, 2017 at 8:01 PM).

• It's working great again! Thanks.

I installed your addon a couple of times again. Which was around 12 hours ago. Couldn't get the update, for some reason.

Just came home and I saw that I got the update. So everything is fine now.
    Thanks for the quick update [THUMBS UP SIGN]

• Having the same issue with VPN Manager not working using IpVanash after there update. What do I need to install the is version 2.4.1 (VPN Manager?) and where can I get this new file?
    Thanks for any help.

• Having the same issue with VPN Manager not working using IpVanash after there update. What do I need to install the is version 2.4.1 (VPN Manager?) and where can I get this new file?
    Thanks for any help.

I found the 2.4.1 VPN Manager file down loaded the zip file to my PC then moved it to my RPI 3 and loaded it from the zip file. All works great now.

• I am doing some testing with the latest Amlogic 7.90 beta 2 build, and for some reason, I can't get connected to IPVanish. When I try to connect the first time, it tries to connect for several seconds, and then writes the following to the OpenVPN log :

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/IPVanish/United States - Chicago 08 (UDP).ovpn:11: tls-remote (2.4.0)
    Use --help for more information.

I have tried two installs on two different boxes with the same results, however, the addon worked fine with beta 1.

Any thoughts?

• I am doing some testing with the latest Amlogic 7.90 beta 2 build, and for some reason, I can't get connected to IPVanish. When I try to connect the first time, it tries to connect for several seconds, and then writes the following to the OpenVPN log :

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/IPVanish/United States - Chicago 08 (UDP).ovpn:11: tls-remote (2.4.0)
    Use --help for more information.

I have tried two installs on two different boxes with the same results, however, the addon worked fine with beta 1.

Any thoughts?

Are you using VPN manager, if so what version thereof?

• Are you using VPN manager, if so what version thereof?

I'm guessing this is caused by LE moving to a newer version of openvpn (2.4.0?) in the latest build and I'm wondering if the problem is that tls-remote has been removed (was deprecated). #848062 - Warn users of removed tls-remote option - Debian Bug report logs

However, when I updated IPVanish for 2.4.1 of my add-on, I could not get verify-x509-name (the thing that replaced it) to work. I'm also worried that this will affect more than just IPVanish

smoutc, if you wanna help debug it, please ensure you're at 2.4.1 of VPN manager and PM me

Edited once, last by zomboided (January 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM).

• I've done some checking and IPVanish and VyprVPN were added when they were using tls-remote so it's just these two that will be affected. I can see they've both moved on since then but I'd like to verify that IPVanish works because when I tried to use the verify-x509-name parameter when I was fixing IPVanish recently, it didn't work.