S802 devices

• Sure that your device has a S802 SoC?

• Did you try using a different remote.conf? Try this one. You only need to copy it into the config ("/storage/.config" over ssh or "Configfiles" over smb) folder on the box.

It did not work. I try putting remote.conf in /storage/.config and in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps. I try other remote.conf too. I suspect that the driver is not working or the system is listening the wrong device. Im trying to find a way to test the devices via ssh but Im not a linux expert.

thanks again!

• I would like to say thank you Drieschel for this wonderfull build...

I am running this build on my M8 ( two years old and square model and old remote ) think it is an original one.

To get my old model ( roundish ) remote working i used Codesnakes his Remote.config file from his OE version 6.0.3...

Most things are working perfect.. only thing i would like to see it working is the analog audio output... so far no build has this working..

Regards Ozzy.

Edited once, last by Mr Ozzy (August 15, 2016 at 6:28 PM).

• When it boots that is the first thing comes up "Amlogic Mali 450 quad core S802"

I am sorry but I don't have another idea we can try.

I would like to say thank you Drieschel for this wonderfull build...

I am running this build on my M8 ( two years old and square model and old remote ) think it is an original one.

To get my old model ( roundish ) remote working i used Codesnakes his Remote.config file from his OE version 6.0.3...

Most things are working perfect.. only thing i would like to see it working is the analog audio output... so far no build has this working..

Regards Ozzy.

Glad to hear that it's working. Can you show me a photo from the remote control? And please post the link to the working remote.conf. Thanks.

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 15, 2016 at 7:04 PM).

• I am sorry but I don't have another idea we can try.

Glad to hear that it's working. Can you show me a photo from the remote control? And please post the link to the working remote.conf. Thanks.

Thanks will keep trying. Appreciate all the assistance, and will let you know my progress, for others who might have the same issue.

• I tryed this remote.conf without success. My M8 has 2 years too, but the remote is almost identical, except for the four buttons around the arrows that are flipped. Here is a pic.

Hi that your buttons are flipped is correct.. i flipped mine myself.. as i have used this remote for an ther box...

Be sure you put the file from codesnake in /storage/.config then reboot and all should be okay.

• Hi that your buttons are flipped is correct.. i flipped mine myself.. as i have used this remote for an ther box...

Be sure you put the file from codesnake in /storage/.config then reboot and all should be okay.

Just to note, I was trying M8 with S82 LE 8 firmware.

Now I will stick with M8 LE 7.0.2 Firmware, it works with codesnake remote.conf, but I think the temperature is too much high. It reaches 85ºC with the case open!! It is safe?

thanks

• Hi guys I can't seem to get my remote to work am I putting it in correct place?
    I'm putting in /storage/.config which it then appears at the bottom of that location near host.conf and samba.conf is this correct or is it another directory I need?
    [hr]
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong lol
    I've downloaded the original m8 remote zip from justme page on freak tab then extracted the zip went through etc/system/to find conf file then ssh into etc then dropped conf file in there? Is that right? A dummies walk through would be greatly appreciated

Edited once, last by gazrob (August 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM).

• Hi guys I can't seem to get my remote to work am I putting it in correct place?
    I'm putting in /storage/.config which it then appears at the bottom of that location near host.conf and samba.conf is this correct or is it another directory I need?
    [hr]
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong lol
    I've downloaded the original m8 remote zip from justme page on freak tab then extracted the zip went through etc/system/to find conf file then ssh into etc then dropped conf file in there? Is that right? A dummies walk through would be greatly appreciated

You are maybe using the wrong remote.conf. What LE build are you using?

• I'm using your 7.02.2 mate
    When I ssh into it there is no .config in storage? Should I create the .config folder and drop remote config in there?
    I did find a config folder in etc to which I dropped the remote conf file in there however this didn't work