made a addon wait for external disk

• Hi.

I have instaled LibreElec on a NAND unit and I have a side effect comparing to my previous instalation on SD card.

It's too fast!

I need to wait unit my external unit is mounted.

I see it mounted at /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/system.d # systemctl list-units | grep -i toshiba
    var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount                                                                            loaded active mounted   /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

I have tried this.

Code
    [Unit]
    After=network-online.target
    Requires=network-online.target
    After=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount
    Requires=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

But not is working, looks like not wait for the unit.

I have made a workaround putting a "sleep 5s" inside the sh that launch the addon, but I prefer the systemd approach.

Why is not working?

• I am surprised to see a backslash in the mount service name.
    You can check for the exact service name with the systemctl command.

Incidentally, what flavour of service.transmission add-on are you using?
    The one provided by Thoradia allows to define a custom initialization script in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/init.sh.
    This script is called each time service.transmission is started.
    You can use this script to delay startup, mount a volume, start a (mount) service, etc.

• I had the exact same problem, solved it by forcing a spin up of the external drive before kodi started. I'm not by my Kodi box right now but I will past the command you need shortly.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• I am surprised to see a backslash in the mount service name.
    You can check for the exact service name with the systemctl command.

Incidentally, what flavour of service.transmission add-on are you using?
    The one provided by Thoradia allows to define a custom initialization script in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/init.sh.
    This script is called each time service.transmission is started.
    You can use this script to delay startup, mount a volume, start a (mount) service, etc.

Hi thoradia

After using my own compilation I have recently moved to your repository. I'm using the version 7.

This is the result of
    # systemctl list-units | grep -i toshiba

Code
    var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount                                                                            loaded active mounted   /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

If I add [email protected] the addon looks like start after the unit are mounted, I not see anymore the "Error: No data found", but all my files are in paused status. I don't know why.

This is my current configuration

Code
    [Unit]
    Description=transmission
    After=network-online.target [email protected]
    Requires=network-online.target [email protected]
    #After=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount
    #Requires=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

BTW I not see the init.sh

I have modified bin/transmission.start

Edited once, last by CGarces (January 7, 2017 at 12:12 PM).

• I simply use the following command in the autostart.sh:-

/bin/dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/null count=512

This forces the external drive to spin up before kodi starts thus ensuring it's available to all services.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• You have to create init.sh yourself, and populate it with commands appropriate to your requirements.
    With system.d, good (sleep 5, mount, etc) sometimes beats best (requires, after) ;)