Create remote.conf from scratch

• Odroid Remote as a secondary remote

CRemotecon4.jpg

remotesecond.conf

• Hi dear libreelec people,

I own a Beelink M18 with the following remote control:

rlcduw.jpg

I have a problem. I would like to map the yellow WEB button to active/deactive subtitles when playing a video.

Next to that I would like to map the blue APP button to select the next subtitle when playing a video.

Does someone own the same Beelink M18 and have experience with configuring those buttons?
    Could someone give me a helping hand or directions in how I can get this to work like I want to?

Thank you in advance!!

• hello. Please help tvbox putty program this add:

edenwood uhd tv rc 5118 remote controller this code who my factory code?

Thanks.

ELcM

Edited once, last by geeb (January 20, 2018 at 9:08 PM).

• invaid code ok?

• hello

my remote control for amlogic s912 mecool km8p does not work either, I copied the file remote.conf of the official firmware in /storage/.conf but does not work someone has a solution please

When I type in 'dmesg -c' in SSH I don't get the option to view the remote codes when I press key on my remote. I have attached what I get on SSH

I tried the tutorial I think it comes from the IR

Edited once, last by walass (February 5, 2018 at 8:14 PM).

• Thank you so much for this guide. I have 2 questions.

minix-neo-u9-h.jpg

1- I want to make sure this is correct. When you use this guide you can only Power Off your device and not Power On if

you are not using your original remote, right? If I map everything to a Xbox One remote, I can never power on the device?

Is there any way?

2- I have Minix Neo U9-H + LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff. Using your guide, Microsoft MCE and Microsoft Xbox 360 (I add them to my Harmony Hub software, I actually don't have them) they do not register, only Microsoft Xbox One IR codes are received. Is this normal?

• Is it possible to do this cleaner and shorter? I have the original remote where I want to change only 1 button.

Is it possible like keymap editor to just write the one button in a file that overwrites the original behavior? This would be a lot better and cleaner than to write the entire buttons ourselves just to change 1.

• I looked at a file

key_begin

0x05 158 # exit/back

key_end

repeat_key_begin

0x05 158 # exit/back Long Press = Stop

repeat_key_end

I don't understand. How is this supposed to work when the code 158 is the same for both?

You put the long press inside repeat_key, right?