[LE 7.90.009 and 010] Kodi freezes at opening a netradio stream

• This severe fault is introduced in LE 7.90.009 and present in 010 as well. 008 and all previous versions work fine. The fault comes on both RPi and x86 HTPC.

When opening a particular webradio station Kodi freezes. The only recovery is a system restart. The reproduction rate is 100% with this webradio station.
    Kodi log covering the fault occurence can be found here.

I am using Radio addon to browse and open stations. The particular station is called "90.9 Jazzy rádió" which can be found in the Hungarian folder of the addon. The url is: jazzy.mp3

Edited once, last by sakos (January 3, 2017 at 10:00 AM).

• This severe fault is introduced in LE 7.90.009 and present in 010 as well. 008 and all previous versions work fine. The fault comes on both RPi and x86 HTPC.

I have a similar issue on Wetek Play, starting in 7.90.009 it will not play MP3 streams. But it does not crash, it only says "ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file ..."

Suggest you might disable all PVR modules to see if it makes a difference. It worked for me once, but the problem returned after the next boot.

• I have a similar issue on Wetek Play, starting in 7.90.009 it will not play MP3 streams. But it does not crash, it only says "ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file ..."

Suggest you might disable all PVR modules to see if it makes a difference. It worked for me once, but the problem returned after the next boot.

I do not have any PVR addon enabled. Meanwhile tested with Kodi Krypton RC2 on Windows and the same problem is there hence this is a pure Kodi issue. A new topic has been created in Kodi forum.

• The fault comes on both RPi and x86 ... Meanwhile tested with Kodi Krypton RC2 on Windows

works here on Play but it buffered for > 1 minute before starting
    no errors in kodi log
    starts instantly in VLC
    192 kbps
    maybe a compatibility bug which only affects a particular type of audio server

Edited once, last by LE23 (January 8, 2017 at 9:23 PM).

• This certainly is turning out to be a severe fault. Many streaming radio stations are affected.
    Here is a list of several broken stations for testing (use the Kodi TuneIn app)

ti32

• This certainly is turning out to be a severe fault. Many streaming radio stations are affected.
    Here is a list of several broken stations for testing (use the Kodi TuneIn app)

ti32

See the Kodi ticket I opened. The root cause has been found, the correction is not straightforward.
    Thanks for your report. It is added now to the ticket.