Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• Thank you CvH for your fast response!

I upgraded tvheadend with the

rpi2-tvheadend42-4.3-1233.zip

LibreELEC shows now 4.3 instead of 4.2, channels OK, but the problem persists: If I record a channel and stop recording, the system shows an error (PVR source error) and cannot delete the recorded file. Only rebooting I can solve the situation, but the system still believes it's recording and I must confirm the reboot.

May someone help me to solve this error?

Thank you in advance

ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command deleteDvrEntry failed: User does not have access

ERROR: PVR - DeleteRecording - addon 'Tvheadend:192.168.1.254:9982' returned an error: server error

ERROR: PVR - DeleteRecording - cannot delete recording from client '2146250725': server error

it looks like your Tvheadend user has not the proper rights to delete the files, pls have a look at Tvheadend if you have forgotten to tick the rights for it

• Oops!

In the Tvheadend web page, I created two users:

"root" (pwd=libreelec)

and

"guest"

and I login with root, libreelec

Inside Tvheadend HTSP Client -> Connection Settings -> kodi ip=192.168.1.254 (127.0.0.1 failed) , user=root, pwd=libreelec

May be an error to use these settings? :sick:

Thank you again

• CvH, Eureka!

In the Tvheadend web page I set the admin user as this:

username:......................................................root

allowed networks:.........................................192.168.1.0/24

web interface:.................................................checked

user interface level:.......................................expert

persistent user interface level: ....................default

admin:..............................................................checked

streaming:.......................................................advanced, basic, HTSP

streaming profiles:.........................................audio, htsp, matroska, pass, webtv-h264-aac-matroska, webtv-h264-aacmpegts,

webtv-h264-vorbis-mp4 webtv-vp8-vorbis-webm

connection limit type:....................................All (Streaming plus DVR)

limit connections:...........................................0

video recorder:...............................................basic, failed, view, HTSP, manage all, view all

DVR configuration profiles:...........................(default profile)

minimal channel number:.............................0

maximal channel number:............................0

exclude channel tags:....................................unchecked

channel tags:...................................................empty

comment:.........................................................wizard access entry

And now it seems to work!

Should I change anything?

I want to thank your support and your fast responses! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• CvH any chance you can give us a build that works with coreelec 8.90 alpha builds?the last version that works on 8.90 on my kiii pro is WeTek_Play-tvheadend42-4.3-884 and powervu is broken on that version.releases after that dont connect on 8.90.

• Hi CvH

I would like to ask for your kind help. I built some time ago a system for my brother, Rpi2 + HifiBerry DAC + DVBSky S960. It uses an external D-Link active USB HUB for power, it runs fine.

The problem was (is) with LE 7.x versions, as Tvheadend server and client were running on the same Rpi, there were always continuity errors on HD channels, not watchable unfortunately. I read then (in 2017) about some kernel 4.9 problems and about downgrading deinterlacing quality (something I would like to avoid). Here is the thread: Link

Is this problem still present? Or can I use the latest LE official and Tvheadend official server and client? I need to make my brother's configuration as stable as possible, since we are far away from each other, and he can't fix this.

What version of LE and Tvheadend server and client would you recommend?

Any specific settings, tweaks I need to do?

Thank you!

• Official Post

8.2.5 fixed that stuff but a kernel upgrade (an Linux land problem) added another bug Problems with DVBSky / TechnoTrend USB DVB-S2 tuners since LE8 ;(

it is no terrible bug but is likely not that "super stable" you are looking for

btw you can install the VNC addon at the rpi, then you can control the rpi from remote ;)

Pls make sure you have an VNC or otherwise secured connection to your target box. Install the VNC addon and open the port at the router isn't secure at all (+ LE ships default user/pw).

• 8.2.5 fixed that stuff but a kernel upgrade (an Linux land problem) added another bug Problems with DVBSky / TechnoTrend USB DVB-S2 tuners since LE8 ;(

it is no terrible bug but is likely not that "super stable" you are looking for

btw you can install the VNC addon at the rpi, then you can control the rpi from remote ;)

Pls make sure you have an VNC or otherwise secured connection to your target box. Install the VNC addon and open the port at the router isn't secure at all (+ LE ships default user/pw).

Oh, this is great news and bad news at same time :) I hope the new bug will be fixed soon. Is there a custom build version between the two releases? One that fixes the old problem but doesn't introduce the new one?

I know about VNC, but it is still many easier if I have access to hardware. But thanks for the tip!

Edit: MMAL-Advanced works too for HD channels?