Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• Hello to all!

Couple of basic questions about the update roadmap.

If I have tvh 4.1-2562 (last 4.1-x nightly build from CvH ) running on LE 8, where can I find a fresh build of tvh 4.2 ?

Or it is no problem to easy update to 4.3-x, all my config will remain and I shoud pass 4.2 and go to 4.3-x ?

What is the procedure to update tvh from 4.2 (4.1-x) to 4.3 in LE8 ?

I need to uninstall-install addons (and manualy copy the config) or can just install 4.3 and it will update my 4.1-x ?

Thank you!

• Official Post

CvH there's any chance to update from the tvh of LE repo to your's remotly by ssh?

wget latest.tvh.zip

systemctl stop service.tvheadend42 <- stops tvh

extract zip to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42

systemctl start service.tvheadend42

kodi has no possibility to really install it via command line, you can only overwrite the addon files after you have already installed and activated the addon at least one time.

• I need to update the tvh mux files to include specific PIDs - I am on tvh-4.2.2 and the files are now compressed with zlib.
    Is there any chance of a build of tvh 4.2+ with zlib disabled on Wetek Play 1 / LE 8.0.1?
    Alternatively is there a development environment I can set up on my AMD-64 / Debian 8 PC to emulate the Wetek that I can use to generate a build? One step forward and two back at the moment!

• Thank you CvH for your efforts and work.

I have installed LE 8.0.2d (by kazaq) on an amlogic s912 H96 pro plus (booting from an sd card) + Mygica T230C DVBT2 USB stick.

My purpose is to use it as a dvb sever at home.

I have installed tvh42 from LE addons repo (v 8.1.112) and have set it up for local DVBT and DVBT2 muxes.

DVBT muxes are decoded and function properly.

DVBT2 mux is also decoded, but with some services, I am facing audio decoding issues (no sound is reproduced, or sometimes short noisy sound bursts). I have played the streams with VLC on a windows10 pc.

I have tried tvh40 from the LE addons repo, but muxes scan have no results.

Do you think that this is a DVBT driver issue or LE related issue ?

Should I look for adifferent USB DVB stick ?

• this is a "known" problem (most likely driver)

had you tested kszaq build 8.0.2d (2017-06-27) with media_build update ? There are new drivers for the 230C maybe it helps. It would be nice if you could provide a dmesg | paste via ssh (it outputs a link) - maybe something obvious appears.

After reboot:

SbTJ

After playing one of the problematic dvbt2 channels with VLC on a windows system"

LWjR

Do you think it worth trying with kszaq build 8.0.2e ?

• this is a "known" problem (most likely driver)

had you tested kszaq build 8.0.2d (2017-06-27) with media_build update ? There are new drivers for the 230C maybe it helps. It would be nice if you could provide a dmesg | paste via ssh (it outputs a link) - maybe something obvious appears.

I have made more tests with several clients, and it seems that the problem was with VLC for windows !

With smplayer and MPC (windows) the DVBT2 channels played OK.

With Kodi HTSP client (both windows and RPi2 LibreElec), some of the DVBT2 channels are OK, and some have un-synchronized audio which also have soe "short sound breaks" every 3-4 secs.

I have experienced the same behavior with the T230C usb stick on a tvheadend server on RPi2 LibreElac and on kazaq LibreElec for Amlogic S812 8.0.2d and 8.0.2e.

Thanks for your help.

• added comskip to the package, if someone uses it pls report back if it works :)

path to comskip /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/comskip

Thank you for adding. I copied the path to the "Post-processor command" box in tvheadend but its errors out after the recording finishes.

Code
    spawn: ComSkip: missing option

looks like i'm missing a commandline option. anybody know what one should be used?

debug log Tvheadend comskip error - Pastebin.com

• Official Post

you have to setup comskip at the comskip ini (located at your tvheadend42 userdata folder/comskip

the command line should be

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini "%f"

this is a bit messy, but I can't just set it as default :( (if I set it as default every recording would use comskip by default ...)

• I could look at adding that to my tvh2kodi addon with a function that adds that line but also makes it editable.

Unfortunately, I'm currently testing 8.2 on my RPi3 - so I'm stuck on Tvh 4.2.275 - CvH do you have a current overnight Tvh build that will workon 8.2? The LE 8 overnights are not working for me in 8.2

Of course - I don't think I will be able to test comskip as I don't think this function works in USA...maybe I'm wrong but I don't think our system flags commercial breaks in any way in the ATSC signal.

• Thanks for including comskip! I used to repackage the old OE comskip binaries. Good to finally have a more recent one. Build 295 is running smoothly as far as I can tell after being installed over a 4.2 install. Will test comskip now. Tuning the ini is quite a pain, though.