Can I Use LibreELEC On Rasp Pi 1?

• I have a Raspberry Pi 1 model B that I have been running Kodi on for years that I recently upgraded for a Chromebox. I want to put the Pi into use in my bedroom and so i did a clean install of LibreElec with Kodi Jarvis where previously I was using an old version of RaspBMC from about 2013. Since installing LibreElec the Pi has been completely unstable and rebooting just scrolling through the menu.

Should I be using the latest version of LibreElec and Jarvis or an older version with Helix for example given the lack of power the Pi 1 has? If so can anyone direct me to a link of where I can either use an older/more appropriate version?

Thanks.

• You should use the version that works best for you. Also, LibreELEC 7.0.2 (jarvis) is no longer developed, we moved on to Kodi Krypton and are at v7.90.010 currently. Perhaps Krypton is slightly 'heavier' on your system, but should still work okay. Prerequisites: a good class 10 SD card and a good power adapter of at least 2 Amps. (And of course, no installing dodgy & weird addons).

All the latest versions can be found via downloads – LibreELEC .
    All the older versions can be found at Index of / .

LibreELEC has no builds for Helix or Isengard.

Edited once, last by Klojum (December 29, 2016 at 10:59 PM).

• Help! Help! Help!

Dear Sir,

I am using LibreELEC 7.0.2 on a Raspberry pi 2.
    I plan to add a PiFi DAC 2.0 soundcard to the Raspberry pi.

One enthusiast suggested editing the following to enable the PiFi DAC to work on LibreELEC :

mount /flash -o remount,rw
    nano /storage/.config/modules-load.d/hifiberry.conf
    snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
    bcm2708_dmaengine
    snd_soc_wm8804
    snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
    nano /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-lirc.conf
    blacklist lirc_rpi
    nano /flash/config.txt
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
    dtdebug=1
    sync
    reboot

Your advice is kindly sought if this would work for the Raspberry pi 2/LibreELEC 7.0.2/PiFi DAC 2.0 setup.
    Thank you.

Edited once, last by manicam (December 30, 2016 at 2:31 AM).