Posts by Farquea

So i did get this working, kind of. I couldnt get my sound bar to return back to HDMI in each time it turned back on with the CEC Adapter plugged in for some reason so for now the solution is leave the soundbar always on.

Am i imagining this or is there a way for the TV to wake Kodi/Chromebox when i power on the tv so that i dont have to hit a key on my kodi remote to bring it out of Suspend mode?

I had my old raspberry Pi working in the same setup no problem but i'll have another go at it this weekend starting with cutting out the soundbar and hdmi switch and see what happens.

I also did know about the power issue and had intended to keep the chromebox always on so thats why i tried turning the chrome box on with USB plugged in first before connecting the hdmi cable but still couldnt get it to work.

I have an Asus Chromebox running Kodi 17 with LE V7.90. I bought a Pulse Eight CEC adapter but cannot get it to work and wondered if someone could point out where i am going wrong or what might be my problem, assuming this should work?

I have my TV into a sony Sound bar which goes into a HDMI switch, then into my Chromebox. I powered down the Chromebox, plugged in my CEC adapter then power on and get nothing on screen, no signal. I've tried this plugging in the adapter to the usb before connecting the HDMI too. Also, the soundbar for some reason switches on and will be set to Optical input instead of HDMI. Do i need to configure anything?

I tried this a few weeks ago and actually got into Kodi and when configuring the CEC settings, it somehow completed wrecked my soundbar to the point where it would not display any video and i had to do a hard reset on it.

Is there any kind of basic setup guide of how to plug in and configure this that i could refer to?

I have a Raspberry Pi 1 model B that I have been running Kodi on for years that I recently upgraded for a Chromebox. I want to put the Pi into use in my bedroom and so i did a clean install of LibreElec with Kodi Jarvis where previously I was using an old version of RaspBMC from about 2013. Since installing LibreElec the Pi has been completely unstable and rebooting just scrolling through the menu.

Should I be using the latest version of LibreElec and Jarvis or an older version with Helix for example given the lack of power the Pi 1 has? If so can anyone direct me to a link of where I can either use an older/more appropriate version?

Thanks.