[solved] What is the best location for channel icons

• What is the best location for the channel logo's (channel icons), so they are also backed up?
    (System > LibreELEC > Create System and Kodi Backup)

Initially I had them in /storage/.kodi/system/, but on Kodi 17 the hidden folders are not selectable anymore (with 16.2 they where selectable).
    (System > Settings > TV > Menu/OSD > Folder with channel icons > Home folder > "no hidden folders shown")
    So (on Kodi 16.2) I created a new folder /storage/tv/logos/ and moved them there.

After restoring a backup on LibreELEC 7.0.2 I found that the channel icons where missing from this backup.
    Going forward I would like some advice where I can put them.

Edited once, last by RomMon (December 26, 2016 at 12:36 AM).

• Hi Pawnthep,

Unfortunately the userdata folder is located in the hidden .kodi folder which cannot be selected in 16.1 as location for channel icons.

If I look under /storage I can select the following folders for 'Folder with channel icons':

-lost+found
    -music
    -pictures
    -recordings
    -screenshots
    -tvshows
    -videos

• I thinks you have to set Kodi's setting to "show hidden files and directories."

• Hi Pawnthep,

Yes that's is. Thanks a lot!! After enabling this option I can now also select the hidden folders.
    Great thanks!

be aware that there is a hidden snag with using this method in that it exposes your kodi DB's to any hidden files contained in any folders and "may" cause unexpected behaviour after scanning/updating music & video for user added items.

• Hi Mike,

I looked a bit further and found the add-on Backup [1].
    This add-on allows to add 2 custom folders to backup. (a few more would be nice).
    Will look if I can use this add-on so I don't have to enable hidden files and directories.

Edit (2016-12-27):
    I have Backup configured to backup all data including the icons (/storage/tv/icons/), and disabled 'Show hidden files and directories' again.
    Used the other custom directory for '/storage/.config/'.
    I did move a python script to /storage/.config/ (from /storage/.kodi/userdata/) to get this file included in the backup.

Did a compare with the LibreELEC backup (.tar) and the add-on Backup (.zip) and only two directories are still missing from Backup:
    /storage/.kodi/temp/
    /storage/.cache/
    Don't see that this has much impact (some crashlogs, ssh fingerprint, weather related data, ..).

[1] Add-on:Backup - Official Kodi Wiki

Edited once, last by RomMon (December 26, 2016 at 11:41 PM).