moving configuration

• Hello,

The end of DVB-T here in Germany makes a hardware upgrade necessary.
    My good old Raspberry Pi 2 is to be replaced by Odroid-C2.

Problem: I'd like to transfer as much as possible from the ond config (LibreELEC 7.0.2, KODI 15) to the new config (LibreELEC 7.9.8 alpha, KODI 16 beta).
    How can I do that? Knowledge level is about 20 years Linux experience, capable working in a shell.

• You can start by using the built-in backup/restore tool in the Settings Addon.
    Since you're moving to different hardware, keeping a separate copy of the userdata/guisettings.xml file on the target hardware is recommended.

• You can start by using the built-in backup/restore tool in the Settings Addon.

Meanwhile I did most of it by reconfiguring kodi.
    But I'd like to transfer tvheadend / tv channels settings from old to new. Where in the file system are these settings buried?

• But I'd like to transfer tvheadend / tv channels settings from old to new. Where in the file system are these settings buried?

I'll be watching this. I always lose any changes I make in channel editor somehow. I suspect it's in a database somewhere?

• I'll be watching this. I always lose any changes I make in channel editor somehow. I suspect it's in a database somewhere?

Maybe. As far as I see there are 2 points to care for:
    tvheadend with all it's channel/services/whatever setup and the mapping within KODI. Not to forget the correct assignment of channel icons.

To someone knowing more about that: Please share you knowledge. Thanks.

Edited once, last by jochen02 (December 22, 2016 at 8:36 PM).

• add-on configuration stuff is in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/ .. and moving config is simply about moving files around the right places

Sure? All the configuration of muxes, channels, mappings, icons, pvr schedules are held in these few small files?

Edited once, last by jochen02 (December 24, 2016 at 5:54 AM).

• add-on configuration stuff is in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/ .. and moving config is simply about moving files around the right places

Thank you.
    I copied everything from /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend
    to the new machine. Everthing made it's way, no lost of data.