RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Updated avx build: reverted to 4.17.5 (due to unresolved build issues with 4.18 and openssl 1.1), llvm 6.0.1, fixed qemu-arm, use kms by default if using modesetting driver, updated libretro cores (reicast, mgba, mame2016, fbalpha, dosbox, desmume, citra)

I've also updated my escalade1/arch-build container on the Docker hub, instructions how to build with it has been added to the first post. It's a container based on base/archlinux with the minimal package set needed for building LibreELEC.

• Minor update with mesa 18.2-git, improved kms detection and fixed reicast. Also added the new OIT reicast core.

Does reicast still need a compat profile & is the GLSL error fixed? The last reicast versions did not really work for me at all.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 11, 2018 at 3:40 PM).

• If anyone has an RPi2 (or 3), would appreciate if anyone could try the latest build 20180719.

- Built from latest tree and upgraded kernel to 4.17.5

- Switched from reicast standalone to reicast-libretro

- Switched from uae4arm to amiberry

- Switched from mame2003 to mame2003-plus

• The generic build has been updated and brought up to speed. There's also 20180720-2 which uses aliaspider's updated Dolphin libretro port instead of the standalone version. All my latest changes have been commited to github and my tree should now build without issue with my Docker image mentioned in the first post.

• I've got some cool news to report. Although the SDL2 kms video driver is nothing new, I've had mixed results trying it before. I'm happy to report that it now works great! As RetroArch support KMS directly, and every standalone emulator in this build uses SDL2, we can now run everything under KMS. We could actually stop the X server while playing games, but I use it for switching refresh rates through xrandr. The additional standalone emulators that now runs in KMS are VICE C64, FS-UAE and Dosbox. Haven't done any measurements but it definitely feels like FS-UAE has better input lag (although it wasn't bad before).

I've uploaded a new avx build that has these improvements. It also uses the recently updated Dolphin libretro core instead of the standalone emulator (change your es_systems.cfg if upgrading). No more X (except for PCSX2) :)

• So I've revisited the RetroPie Emulationstation fork, and it's gotten in good shape. I've switched to the latest from the master branch and I'm happy to report that it works pretty good now. The scraper works now, there's video support, power saving, bugfixes and optimizations. Baked in the latest avx build will do the others soon.

• So I've revisited the RetroPie Emulationstation fork, and it's gotten in good shape. I've switched to the latest from the master branch and I'm happy to report that it works pretty good now. The scraper works now, there's video support, power saving, bugfixes and optimizations. Baked in the latest avx build will do the others soon.

Nice work! I guess there is still no way to set a custom home path for the emulationstation retropie fork?

Code
    if [ ! -L /storage/.emulationstation ]; then
      ln -s /storage/.config/emulationstation /storage/.emulationstation
    fi

What about your custom shutdown menu patches? Have you been able to update them too? Btw. do you use fb-alpha? Does scraper work for you? It works great for mame but fails to scrape fb-alpha roms for me.

• Looks like you answered your first question :) It's possible to hack in Herdinger's changes regarding XDG path, I may look at it later.

I'll probably update my shutdown patches, just went the quick route to get up and running. Can't see a reason for fbalpha when there's MAME, so haven't tried. Did you try sselph scraper?

• I'm updating right now and probably gonna shameless include your recent updates ;)

Your mame2003-plus core works fine on my system so I guess it will run on your RPi build too. Still have to try reicast-libretro.

I mainly use FB-alpha because I got the rom set for it and it runs a bit faster on RPi systems.

UPDATE:

The generic reicast core runs fine but the RPi core still fails to start.

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/reicast_libretro.so"
    [ERROR] Error(s): /tmp/cores/reicast_libretro.so: undefined symbol: ngen_FailedToFindBlock

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM).