RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• 20171002:

Could someone test the dispmanx video driver for the RPi? It should supposedly give lower input latency, I'll make it the default if it works.

• Just updated from :

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170519.img

to 20170820.img (because couldn't updated directly to latest)

and finally updated to latest 20170924.img

My Harmony remote is now unusable. Each button gets double clicked.

Reverted back to 20170820.img... remote is now ok.

There is something different in newer build ?

• you have to uncheck irp or something like that in libreelec configuration

edit : Disable Lirc

• Thanks Waspoeder.

I'm ashamed to not read the warnings in recent LibreElec posts (IR now supported directly from kernel instead of LIRC).

It effectively works fine now... under 20171002 build! Yeah!

• Hi there just want to say firstly thank you for everyones hard work.

I have been using retroarch in kodi for some years now and this has made it so much easier to do so.

I have been trying to setup a build which includes this one with all the emulation built in for raspberry pi. Which this does well. I am also looking to incorperate game streaming from my desktop the origional and only reliable method was moonlight which I beleive a addon exists already but requires certain hardware to work. The newest method is with Parsec which works just aswell but doesnt have the same requirements allowing game streaming with all/most gpu's.

Now my problem is no addon exist yet as far as I know and currenly I know it works in raspbian. I currenlty run it through retropie. But I prefer the minimilist Libreelec so much better especially with the emulation added to it. Just looking for some idea's on how to incorporate Parsec into Libreelec if at all possible.

Thanks for taking time time to read this and hope someone can help.

• 20171009:

This build fixes an issue with fetching and running the latest Spotify version.

• I haven't removed any other drivers. Let me know which driver it uses and I'll have a look. Also provide logs.

3 months late. Finally found time to do this again. I did a fresh install of your latest generic version (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171009). This wifi card works fine in vanilla LE, but does not work in your version.

My PCI-E Wireless card is an Asus PCE-AC68 PCI-E 802.11AC card.

lspci outputs the following for the card:

Code
    03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

I've attached logs as well. log-2017-10-11-02.15.23.zip

• Your card should be supported by the "wl" driver, which I can see from your logs is loading. Could you post the same log generated when using a regular build?

Also, you could give my intel-core-avx build a shot.

• Your card should be supported by the "wl" driver, which I can see from your logs is loading. Could you post the same log generated when using a regular build?

Also, you could give my intel-core-avx build a shot.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the avx build but it didn't boot (i installed your normal build and put it in the upgrade directory). My CPU is an Ivy Bridge with only AVX and not AVX2.0. I didn't spend much time troubleshooting.

As for Vanilla LE, logs are here: PHJL

• In that case you could try the Cherry trail build, it also has 4.14 kernel (which is what I wanted to test).

The only difference I can spot in the log is this:

Code
    [    3.993082] wl 0000:03:00.0: enabling device (0100 -> 0102)
    [    4.246427] wlan0: Broadcom BCM43a0 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 6.30.223.271 (r587334)

No idea why this isn't happening in my build. Perhaps some kernel option changed and now needs enabling or similar. Doesn't seem to be any calls for firmware. If you can point to what's lacking I'll fix it.

• In that case you could try the Cherry trail build, it also has 4.14 kernel (which is what I wanted to test).

The only difference I can spot in the log is this:

Code
    [    3.993082] wl 0000:03:00.0: enabling device (0100 -> 0102)
    [    4.246427] wlan0: Broadcom BCM43a0 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 6.30.223.271 (r587334)

No idea why this isn't happening in my build. Perhaps some kernel option changed and now needs enabling or similar. Doesn't seem to be any calls for firmware. If you can point to what's lacking I'll fix it.

Cherry Trail build also freezes at boot. the Update picks up the tar, unpacks everything, reboots and then freezes. Same with the AVX build. I'll investigate what might be happening and get back to you. Thanks!

• That would be due to illegal CPU instructions (-march=haswell and -march=silvermont gcc options).

For simplicity i have both sets of logs in sprunge

Your version: hhOK

Vanilla: PHJL

I noticed one other difference in wl, logs for your version have this statement:

Code
    [    4.318788] wl: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.

Vanilla doesn't say that. That by itself shouldn't cause a problem I think. But I wonder if there is any configuration needed to enable an out of tree module correctly.

• Yes it does, look again. It's a normal message when loading non-gpl modules. The module is loaded correctly, it simply doesn't detect your card. Could be an incompatibility with recent kernels. Save yourself some pain and get a wireless nic that's supported by the vanilla kernel ;)