Posts by scottglindsay

And you have quotes around /path/to/script.sh? Like I posted earlier : XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/script.sh")

Yeah tried this with and without... Still no luck.

Also tried dos2unix on scripts etc as was thinking it might be because I'm using windows. But still nothing.

Update:

Been at this for ages.... Not the type to give up.

Have spent some time now trying to get it to launch from emulation station side. Again.... getting it in the menu is easy just cant get it to launch.

Going to boot linux up tonight or tomorrow and write scripts from there and see if it makes any difference.

Again thanks for any help its much appreciated.

From what you show here it seems ok. If it starts in ssh terminal it should start from Kodi too. Because in both cases it's user root that you're logged in with in LibreELEC, so file permissions shouldn't be the issue. The shell script is in same location as Parsec so you don't need path or do a cd. You don't show the stuff that you added to the Kodi menu xml file, which would be helpful. You obviously need to pass yourserverid from there too.

I just copied the estuary skin and renamed it as follows:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myestuary

I then enabled it and ran it.

I tried copying the following method for Home.xml but changed it to my script location. ( even if I change labels etc makes no difference)

<item>

<label>Emulators</label>

<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh)</onclick>

<thumb>DefaultAddonGame.png</thumb>

<property name="id">emulationstation</property>

</item>

I also done the same with fav.xml copying the fav I already have listed but editing the location part. All methods show up on menu just cant get it to launch.

This is the first time I have tried launching from kodi menu like this so its a bit new. As I said all my scripts etc work from ssh just not from kodi menu.

Im not to sure how I would pass my parsec server_id via the kodi menu other than putting it in the script as part of the command.

I have never written scripts as such other than simple batch for windows so its a little new to me but have tried various methods which i found from net.

but if I simply put ./parsec server_id=0000 in a .sh file with nothing else at all and open it via ssh it runs without fault. Wither it has

#!/bin/sh at start makes no difference using ssh so dont know if it makes a difference from kodi menu. But have tried with it and wont start parsec.

Another example I tried in python:

#!/usr/bin/python

import os

bashCommand = "./parsec server_id=0000"

os.system(bashCommand)

Again works in ssh but not from kodi menu.

Also tried something like this:

#!/bin/sh /storage/pirasec/pirasec.start

passes to start file with

#!/bin/sh

./parsec server_id=0000

Again works from ssh or command just not from kodi menu.

So again thanks for your help. I have searched high and low but cant find anyone who has launched parsec from kodi menu as of yet.

I'm guessing its probably something really simple that I'm just not seeing.

At the moment I made a batch file on my desktop to run plink.exe ssh into my pi and run the command. Done the same on my phone with ssh button app.

Would really like to sort this out though if possible as its driving me crazy....... should be simple.......

I put my Docker containers in Favourites instead. That's where addons go by default anyway, and it's less work. Add them to /storage/.kodi/userdata/favourites.xml. I copied the System.Exec from Home.xml of the skin and it works for me. I can now start Docker containers (via shell scripts) from Favourites. System.Exec command should look like this:

Code
    XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/script.sh")

And of course the script file has to be set as executable.

Thanks very much for your help. I tried lots of ways to add to menu which it does do. Still cant get it to work though. But I think Im doing something wrong with the script Im making.

Can anyone suggest how to write a basic script to launch a program. As I said before every script I put together works from ssh. Just wont launch via kodi menu itself. Could it be a permission problem??

I use parsec (gamestream) in the family room with the kids. Playing co-op games is made easy this way. They can play in their bedroom etc and I can play anywere I want but usually the lounge. Will even work over the net if you have good uploads etc.

I just downloaded and extracted the binaries and launched the program via ssh and it works as it should. Just trying to get it to launch from kodi seems to be a problem. I can exit kodi via systemctl and run the program and it runs great will also start and run great with kodi in backround but if controller is mapped to kodi it will control both the game running through parsec and kodi menu in backround. Also if ssh is closed or terminated so is the program.

The program is located in /storage/./parsec/

It also has a .sh to launch and directly connects to game server after 1st setup.

This located /storage/.parsec/Parsec.sh

I can move the program and other files into any location on storage and run it via ssh but not from kodi menu.

The .sh consists of

./parsec server_id=(yourserverid)

Ive tried adding different things to the .sh via what I could find with google search and by looking at the emulation station setup that is already in this build.

Basically if I type ./parsec in terminal/ssh it launches the program the server id is for it to connect to my server or cloud server etc

Anyways would recommend giving it a try as its really really good.

Hope thats enough info and hope someone could shine some light on this as it driving me crazy trying to figuire it out. Thanks again

Thats what Im trying to do. Aswell.

Launch from kodi menu but I still have no luck........

Hi again every one. I cant get the .sh shortcuts to work with System.Exec

I have created a .sh named it launcher and placed in storage.

If I use ssh and type

/storage/launcher.sh it works right away.

But when I use XBMC.System.Exec(/storage/launcher.sh)

in menu it doesnt work. Tried without XBMC at start as well. Tried lots of different skins to. Does System.Exec work that way?? Or am I missing something???

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Hi again every one. I cant get the .sh shortcuts to work with System.Exec

I have created a .sh named it launcher and placed in storage.

If I use ssh and type

/storage/launcher.sh it works right away.

But when I use XBMC.System.Exec(/storage/launcher.sh)

in menu it doesnt work. Tried without XBMC at start as well. Tried lots of different skins to. Does System.Exec work that way?? Or am I missing something???

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Please ensure you set up an account with parsec and have the parsec server running on your main pc or cloud pc first.

Download available from Parsec | Stream Games And Play From Anywhere | Cloud Gaming

Method:

Download

parsec-rpi.deb

unzip or extract which will give you a data.tar, open the tar file go into usr/bin/ there is a file named parsec.

Copy this file.

I then created a folder named .parsec withn the storage folder in libreelec I used sftp application to do this like filezilla. I thought best to keep things in order. Copy the parsec file to the .parsec directory you just made.

ssh into libreelec type

cd /storage/.parsec/

Then hit enter.

Now type

chmod +x parsec

Then hit enter

Now type

systemctl stop kodi

Then hit enter

Then type

./parsec

Then hit enter.

Parsec will now start to run after a few seconds and ask you to enter your email address and password for parsec and it will show you your servers. mine was number 1. So I typed 1 and hit enter. It should log in show you your desktop with no sound and if any media is played it will crash and close. Test this yourself if it works great if not then try this fix Which I found from here

(No sound on RPi3 with LibreELEC · Issue #39 · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter · GitHub)

TheFix below.

ssh into libreelec and type:

mount -o remount,rw /flash
    <br>

nano /flash/config.txt

add / change entries below:

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16

dtparam=audio=on

then hit ctrl+x Then Y for yes then enter to save the updated config.txt

type reboot

Then hit enter

Once rebooted ssh into lebreelec

and type

cd /storage/.parsec/

then hit enter

Now type ./parsec

then hit enter

your device should have booted with soundcard enabled and Parsec should connect now. It no longer crashes or hangs. Now plays games and video with sound. Keyboard etc should work. I am currently using a ps3 gsme pad over bluetooth connected directly to pc. So have not checked it connected to Rpi to see if it works. It hopefully should. Will test this when I have a chance. As far as I know parsec is compatible with xbox controller by default. There is also a controller map file to add other gamepads maps too.

Hope this helps to clear up most of it. Just need to implement into kodi menu to launch easily.

I have tested running parsec both ways by exiting kodi with the systemctl stop kodi command and leaving kodi running. Parsec will load in front of kodi and doesnt seem to be a problem.

I also advise looking at this link below with advance settings to change resolution, get rid of blue square and much more.

Advanced Settings | Improve Parsec Game Streaming Quality

The config files etc can all be found in the folder you made in /storage/.parsec/

So as I said need a way of launching it from kodi. Also need a way of closing parsec.

Just want to say thanks to CvH the admin above for helping me out couldnt have gotten this far without your help.

I've been looking around and it seems no sound card is selected.

most say you can add this to config.

Try adding this to /boot/config.txt

dtparam=audio=on

Dont know if that works with libreelec but I will try it out when I get up in the morning.

When I type

aplay -l

It replys with this:

aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

Im at home now. Does connect ok and quickly.

issues are:

It seems to work even passing keyboard input etc through.

Seems to crash and stop service when games and video are played.

No audio pass through when media is played to. So couple of little problems.

Below is my session without my IP/server addresse marked as (censored)

Connecting to 192.168.0.2 port 22, please wait...

login as:

[email protected]'s password:

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

LibreELEC (official) Version: 8.0.2

Lounge:~ # cd /storage/.parsec/

Lounge:~/.parsec # ./parsec

-sh: ./parsec: Permission denied

Lounge:~/.parsec # chmod +x parsec

Lounge:~/.parsec # ./parsec

[2017-10-17 17:37:27 D] APP.hostname = Lounge

[2017-10-17 17:37:27 D] APP.local_ip = 192.168.0.2

Parsec Build 133-6 on rpi

USER LOGIN

----------

Email address: [email protected]

Password:

Save password? (y/n): y

[2017-10-17 17:37:50 D] APP.build = 133-6

[2017-10-17 17:37:50 D] APP.platform = rpi

[2017-10-17 17:37:50 D] APP.user_id = censored

SERVER LIST

-----------

1) Mothership (Scott)

Select server: 1

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.server_id = censored

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.try_lan = 1

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.nat_local = 111000

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.nat_remote = 111000

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.bud0 = 192.168.0.10:10686

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.bud1 = 192.168.0.10:10687

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.bud2 = 192.168.0.10:10688

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.client_x = 1920

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.client_y = 1080

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 D] CLI.decoder = omx

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/confmisc.c:767:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/conf.c:4371:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/conf.c:4371:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/conf.c:4371:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/conf.c:4850:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2/alsa-lib-1.1.2/src/pcm/pcm.c:2450:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 I] * play_sdl_init/SDL_OpenAudioDevice[43] = 0

[2017-10-17 17:37:54 I] * audio_thread[473] = -11000

[2017-10-17 17:38:03 D] CLI.exit_code = 0

Hope these may be things we could sort out if possible. Just want to say thanks for your help.

It works really really well.

The easiest method I found to install was by kozova1

Parsec-Integration-With-RetroPie/README.md at master · Kozova1/Parsec-Integration-With-RetroPie · GitHub

It works in retropie following his install method also works in osmc as I tried it but having issues launching it from kodi itself. I can only launch it by ssh by typing Parsec or Parsec.sh

Out of all the systems I run on my Pi I prefer Libreelec the most would love to implement it in some way if at all possible.

Is there anyway to install parsec in libreelec??

Or update the moonlight addon with support for Parsec?

It works in raspbian/retropie and osmc.

But are all debian based os.

Parsec works with more gpu's.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Hi there just want to say firstly thank you for everyones hard work.

I have been using retroarch in kodi for some years now and this has made it so much easier to do so.

I have been trying to setup a build which includes this one with all the emulation built in for raspberry pi. Which this does well. I am also looking to incorperate game streaming from my desktop the origional and only reliable method was moonlight which I beleive a addon exists already but requires certain hardware to work. The newest method is with Parsec which works just aswell but doesnt have the same requirements allowing game streaming with all/most gpu's.

Now my problem is no addon exist yet as far as I know and currenly I know it works in raspbian. I currenlty run it through retropie. But I prefer the minimilist Libreelec so much better especially with the emulation added to it. Just looking for some idea's on how to incorporate Parsec into Libreelec if at all possible.

Thanks for taking time time to read this and hope someone can help.

I think the bug is the fact you bought a cheap Chinese knock off [emoji13]

Yeah could be the problem...... :D
    But its for my 5 year old son to play Super Mario and other retro games. We also used this pad on the PC and it does work fine even the auto reconnect. That's why I assumed it was a slight a problem with LibreELEC/rpi. Just want it to be pick up and play for my son as it makes no difference to me but I'm not always there.

I have 2 Controllers setup and retroarch installed. 1st Controller PS3 Gamepad. Works fine. Buetooth after marked as trusted reconnects every time after reboot and standby. Also works in retroarch off the bat.

2nd Controller is a cheap chinese ps3 style Game pad called Lemon S600 Gamepad is made for android devices. Its connected and says its trusted but will not auto/re connect after reboot or when stand by. When the device is connected retroarch doesnt find it but I created a new udev rule to allow retroarch to find device and created a new gamepad profile.cfg in retroarch with tilte S600Gamepad and it works ok now.

So my only issue is the auto reconnect as I need to keep going into bluetooth in services and add device again. I checked my bluetooth cache file and device is listed and marked as trusted. I have been searching forums trying to find an answer on how to manually force the auto re-connection by scripts etc but can't find anything that works as most are using a desktop enviroment (raspbian) with sudo coomand to force the bluetooth auto reconnect.

I am currently using Stable LebreELEC. I tried the ALPHA as I would love the controllers to work with the Kodi menu but had too many errors with addons so reverted back.

Thanks for taking time to read this and hope someone out there could help me.

Pad seems to re-connect when turned on for 3-4 seconds then disconnects again until I tell it to go pair again. Example from my putty session below.

login as: root
    [email protected]'s password:
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.2
    LibreELEC:~ # bluetoothctl
    [NEW] Controller 00:09: DD:50:8A:1A LibreELEC [default]
    [NEW] Device E4:E0:C5:C7:85:EF DTVBluetooth
    [NEW] Device E8:A1:01:00:0C: D3 S600 Gamepad
    [CHG] Device E8:A1:01:00:0C: D3 Connected: yes