RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Btw: what's the command to open emulationstation from the main menu? I want to use the mod version of the skin instead and want to add a possibility to launch it from there.
    I will try the new build and the command after the formula 1 race. ^^

• RetroArch and Emulationstation are now starting every game correctly. Still no sound.
    I closed down kodi and tried

speaker-test

Code
    speaker-test 1.1.1

Playback device is default
    Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
    Using 16 octaves of pink noise
    Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

No sound was played.

I also tried again
    aplay -L

Code
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
        HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
        HDMI Audio Output

this is how my "\.config\asound.conf\asound.conf" looks like:

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
        }
    }

Anything missing?

Also just emulationstation.sh as a user setup command triggered via main menu isn't working.
    I just seem to need the complete stuff, that is behind you main menu button.

Edited once, last by MasterPhW (July 10, 2016 at 8:24 PM).

• You've got a linebreak with the same device following on the next line. Look at the sample I've provided and compare. You've also put it in the wrong place, it should be directly under .config, not in an asound.conf subdir. "emulationstation.sh" is behind my main menu button.

Edited once, last by escalade (July 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM).

• The linebreak was a wrong c+p.
    All the other stuff is on hold for me, since I gave the system back to my friend, the owner (I fixed some hardware and completely reinstalled the system, also rescraped the complete library etc.).
    But in a few days I will also reinstall my system ( a more powerfull config and also a AMD one) so I will be back for some tests.
    Thanks for all the work you have done so far!

• New builds uploaded, now with Transmission included. To enable, do this in an SSH session:

Code
    # systemctl enable transmission && systemctl start transmission

Have fun :)

• New builds uploaded, now with Transmission included. To enable, do this in an SSH session:

Code
    # systemctl enable transmission && systemctl start transmission

Have fun

Hi escalade,

Thank's for new builds.
    I start transmission as you say, but when i acces from webui (IP_RPi:9091), appears:

Code
    403: ForbiddenUnauthorized IP Address.Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

where is transmission's "settings.json" file?
    or how i could modify it?
    [hr]

Hi escalade,

Thank's for new builds.
    I start transmission as you say, but when i acces from webui (IP_RPi:9091), appears:

Code
    403: ForbiddenUnauthorized IP Address.Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

where is transmission's "settings.json" file?
    or how i could modify it?

It's done!! I found it !!

i stopped transmission ( systemctl stop transmission), modified "settings.json" , and restart transmission (systemctl start transmission)
    The file "settings.json" is located at:
    /storage/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

and i modified the line --> "rpc-whitelist" to:
    "rpc-whitelist": "*.*.*.*",
    and that's all!!!

Edited once, last by gark81 (July 12, 2016 at 7:28 PM).

• I'm testing your last build. 20160711

I have a XBOX 360 wired controller that not working in "emulationstation" menu (i need to use a remote keyboard "Rii mini")
    With retroarch, it works ok, and in kodi menu else.

When i enter to "emulationstation" menu, i can't use xbox controller, but if i select a game (with keyboard), xbox controller works in the game..

Other question is :
    what keys (from keyboard) are functional in emulationstation menu? (for menu, select, options...)
    select, i think it's "ENTER"; and arrows are for move, but if i want to enter at the option menu?
    (i've tested all keys without result)

I'm expecting your answer.
    Meanwhile, I will continue testing configurations.

Thanks again escalade !!!

• You'll need to bind the controller through the input menu. Key bindings for options are ctrl/alt as described on first page.

I've uploaded new generic build with SABnzbd as well. "systemctl start sabnzbd && systemctl enable sabnzbd"

I'll make some default settings for Transmission so that you won't need to edit settings.json. For the future I'll look at integrating Emby and maybe even Plex Media Player.

Edited once, last by escalade (July 13, 2016 at 8:55 AM).

• Thanks,
    I'll see later

Please
    Integrate Sickrage (or Sickbread), Couchpotato, and Headphones instead!!
    Then you will have a perfect build!!
    XD

Enviado desde mi MX_Base mediante Tapatalk

• This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! ES has always been my preferred frontend so think you for all of your work!

Will official PS3 controller and BT dongle work out of the box?

Thanks,

John

• If your BT dongle is supported by the kernel, then yes.

Sorry...forgot to mention that I am using the generic image (if that matters).

The dongle I have works with Recalbox v3 and v4 out of the box. I'm trying to track down some info on the dongle I purchased. The only markings on it are "CSR V4.0" This is what I see when I do a lsuusb (shown in red) and verbose. Does the fact that the kernel is able to identify it mean it is supported?

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 20a0:0001 Clay Logic
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Edited once, last by johnodon (July 13, 2016 at 1:52 PM).

• Hi all,
    Great setup you have here.
    I have setup on pi3 and have all working well using keyboard/ps3 knock off usb controller.
    Only problem i see thus far is backing out of emulationstation back to kodi menu

likely an easy fix i'm sure i'm missing something.

Thanks again
    Deez

Edited once, last by Deezel (July 13, 2016 at 2:21 PM).