Posts by MasterPhW

I have some crazy hickups.
    Last working version for a few of my boxes is the 9.02 release and I can't understand, why it won't boot to everything after that.
    Only blackscreen, no boot at all.
    Is there something I have missed? AML 905X and 905W boxes, both of them won't boot with the same SD card, which worked with an older release.

Any news? A libreelec x86 build with only suspend let my Front LED blink the whole time, but I also don't want to disable it.
    Only hibernate would disable the LED and let me wake up my HTPC with my harmony remote.
    Edit: creating a swap file doesn't let me hibernate btw.

All S905(X) devices use the same driver ("adapter"), there is no possibility that one of your devices needs something different.

Things to check:

• device tree
    • HDMI cable
    • you can try using one of my builds

It's also possible the board of your box is broken. Does CEC work in Android?

Since it's S905X I stayed on the standard device tree.
    HDMI cable is also the same I used when setting up the other 3 boxes (Beelink MINI MXIII II, Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0, Sunvell Q-Streaming), but I will change it. Trying one of your builds? Like the 8.0e and 8.1.4 builds? Tried before (always with a clean build, always with the error code) only the Leia Testing builds don't show the error.

I get that error when there are other active hdmi devices aside from the s905 box connected to my TV, so I just ensure that the only active device is the android box and the other devices are turned off.

For setting up the devices, all other HDMI CEC devices are shut down.

My S905X Device (M9S) seem to have an unsupported HDMI CEC Adapter, since I am always greeted with the "Couldn't initialize Pulse Eight HDMI CEC Adapter - Check your settings" when starting LibreELEC.

Why am I writing this into a HDR/Dithering/10bit test thread?

Because the error message seems to be gone in the test release(s). But the HDMI CEC still doesn't seem to work, because my TV stays in idle mode, when I shut down my box. All other boxes are shutting down the TV aswell.
    So I wanted to ask: is there anything I could report/test/help, so that we can get the CEC working?

The linebreak was a wrong c+p.
    All the other stuff is on hold for me, since I gave the system back to my friend, the owner (I fixed some hardware and completely reinstalled the system, also rescraped the complete library etc.).
    But in a few days I will also reinstall my system ( a more powerfull config and also a AMD one) so I will be back for some tests.
    Thanks for all the work you have done so far!

RetroArch and Emulationstation are now starting every game correctly. Still no sound.
    I closed down kodi and tried

speaker-test

Code
    speaker-test 1.1.1

Playback device is default
    Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
    Using 16 octaves of pink noise
    Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

No sound was played.

I also tried again
    aplay -L

Code
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
        HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
        HDMI Audio Output

this is how my "\.config\asound.conf\asound.conf" looks like:

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
        }
    }

Anything missing?

Also just emulationstation.sh as a user setup command triggered via main menu isn't working.
    I just seem to need the complete stuff, that is behind you main menu button.

MasterPhW

Yeah, the audio device is correct then. Should be no need to disable the onboard, but can't hurt to try. I'll be making a new build soon that will fix your retroarch issue.

I've changed the method to enable scraping but apparently forgot to update the text. Edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and remove --ignore-gamelist.

Thanks for the quick answer again! /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf is now looking like

Code
    EMULATIONSTATION_OPTS=""

and still, the scraping will not be saved.
    It works and will be shown after scraping, but after a restart, it's gone again.

Any way to let me fix my problem into the skin files myself till you release a new build?
    I need to start my other PC everytime to just test a few things to get into putty. ^^

Btw: I found a thing related to my missing sound in retroarch: in its Sound settings my soundcard is still empty.
    Also when I start it via putty the following message appears:

Code
    ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.1/src/pcm/pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ALSA
    ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.1/src/pcm/pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ALSA

Is it related to my missing sound?

Haha, well I fully understand it's confusing if you're new to the Linux CLI

Not sure what's up with the sound, it should work. Are there any other hdmi devices in aplay -L? On my NUC there is DEV=0 and DEV=1.

It shows way more, but with my limited knowledge, it should be the right one:

I should probably just deactivate the onboard Sound card via UEFI.

Found a way to let me start retroarch within Kodi without putty?

I also have a problem with

Notes on Emulationstation setup:
    Gamelists are disabled, if you want to use scraping run this command in CLI: "touch /storage/.config/emulation/es_gamelist". Out of the box it will look for roms in /storage/roms/(amiga|c64|mame|fba|gba|dreamcast|n64|psx|psp|saturn|snes|nes|nds). BIOS files under /storage/roms/bios. Configured input controllers are DS3/DS4 (bluetooth) and keyboard.

First: I don't have .config/emulation/ I just have .config/emulationstation and if I enter

Code
    touch /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_gamelist

Nothing happens. I even created two files myself. one es_gamelist.cfg and one without the cfg. Both empty. Nothing happens.

Sorry for all these probably dumb questions.

Sorry, as I told you, still a linux noob.I closed kodi (just to be sure) and tried to launch retroarch with

Code
    [s]# chvt 2 retroarch[/s]

and got the following message:

Code
    [s]BusyBox v1.24.2 (2016-06-29 22:38:07 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: chvt N

Change the foreground virtual terminal to /dev/ttyN[/s]

Sometimes I really wonder, how I finished university with a master degree!
    I totally misread it. If I first use chvt 2 and then retroarch it of course works! Sorry for the confusion. So it seems, you were right. Retroarch is starting now.
    Also games are starting.
    Still without sound, even though I moved the asound.conf.sample to asound.conf, renamed it and changed it to default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0" like aplay -L also showed me.

The cores are under /usr/lib/libretro, not in /storage. Check /tmp/retroarch.log (as mentioned on first page) for hints on what went wrong.

I tried to launch RetroArch from the mainmenu to the blackscreen and back to the mainmenu:
    # pastebinit /tmp/retroarch.log
    SQgE

I started ES, loaded all thread titles to the blackscreens and closed it:
    # pastebinit /tmp/emulationstation.log
    BUJI

Both messages doesn't seem to give me much info. But I just started with linux, so someone with more knowledge probably can help or ask for more info.

Edit:I decided to completely reinstall LE and use your build as a base, since LE Beta -> Millhouse -> your build could create problems. Still same result.
    So I decided to create a debug log and poste it here:
    HJQB

I also checked the Configfiles\emulationstation\es_log.txt
    es_log.txt - Pastebin.com

I was setting up a LibreElec HTPC just a few days ago and was using the Millhouse builds until now.
    I updated to your build and the links to RetroArch and EmuStation appeared on the main menu. Emu station is able to start and show me its menu, with a few games I added choseable, but the games "start" with only a black screen and return to the UI just seconds after. If I try to launch RetroArch the same happened. Blackscreen and back to Kodi Interface.
    Using the Generic build and the \\HTPC\Configfiles\retroarch\cores folder is empty.
    Am I missing some additional setup?

I've got it working!
    I tried to mount it with

Code
    -t ntfs-3g  /dev/sdc2 /var/media

And got the follwing error:

So I reconnected the HDD to my Win10 PC and did the following steps:
    1. I opened the Control Panel and clicked on Power Options.
    2. Clicked on "Choose what the power buttons do".
    3. Clicked on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
    4. Unchecked "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    After that I openened the command prompt (in administrator mode) and entered

Code
    powercfg /h off

I shut down my PC, removed the HDD, inserted it into the HTPC and it mounted in LibreElec without problems!

Hey there!
    I prepared 3 HDDs for a newly installed LibreElec system (installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.002.img with an update to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160703100029-#0702-gf7cc132) on my Win10 system. All named and sorted, so it just have to be added to the HTPC and to the sources and everything is done. 2 of them (NTFS) are mounted within LibreElec without problems. The third one is not available at all.
    I've searched the board and found this, so I opened putty and entered these commands:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit

The following stuff are the results:
    blkid = UaCa
    mount = haUQ
    dmesg = TNXK
    So what is the next step? As you can see (in blkid), the troubled HDD is BesslerMovie.
    The funny thing is, if I remove the SATA cable and replug it while running, the system shows a message "Besslermovie has been mounted successfully" and shortly after that "Besslermovie has been removed". I tried different SATA cables and connectors, but still the same problem. It won't show. Only on Windows.
    The HTPC specs:

Display Spoiler

MB: Asus F2A85-M LE A85 RG SA
    CPU: AMD A6-5400K
    RAM 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-2100
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo SSD 64GB
    3 HDDs, 2TB, 1,5TB and the problematic 4TB one

If you need any more information, just ask. Looking forward to additional ideas and help.