RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• The Kodi log is irrelevant when it comes to anything else but Kodi. I need logs from the "Logfiles" share.

The W311M is supported by the rt2800usb module (CONFIG_RT2800USB), which is already included. The only difference (driver wise) between this build and LE 8.2 at this point is Linux 4.11 => 4.12.

• Hi escalade,

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel-20170801.img.gz seems to have broken the internal wifi adapter on the Rpi3. It cannot detect any Wifi connections and Libreelec is not giving the option for wireless networks, only wired.

Enabling logging is not creating the logfiles still as before with the bluetooth problems and I am unable to SSH into the device as I can't connect via ethernet for now.

I've tried clean installs. I'll roll back to an older version and see how far back the issue goes as I haven't updated for awhile.

Edit: LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170719 seems to be the last working build. I'll plug into ethernet when I get a chance so I can get logs.

Edited once, last by kall (August 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM).

• 20170807 for generic uploaded:

Code
    kernel-firmware: band aid additions for libreelec-8.2
    mesa: update to 29df4de (17.2-rc3)
    sqlite: update to 3.20
    llvm: update to 4.0.1
    gcc: update to 7.2-RC-20170802
    binutils: update to 2.29
    linux: update to 4.12.5
    e2fsprogs: update to 1.43.5
    xfsprogs: update to 4.12.0
    btrfs-progs-system: update to 4.12

Looks like it's a bit too big for 512MB so won't fit for those on a regular sized partition. I'll push out an image without nvidia-legacy later.

EDIT: I've experimented a bit with different squashfs compression methods and found that xz had way better compression ratio. Haven't done any testing on boot time and such but most likely the differences aren't that big and now everything fits in one image.

• Hi escalade.

I'm starting to come to grips with a few issues and getting them sorted out but the biggest issue I'm still having is intermittent lockups.

Most of the time, it's when watching liveTV but sometimes when watching a media file.

The picture freezes. Sometimes the audio keeps playing but most of the time, the audio stops soon after. After this occurs, everything is extremely slow to react. if I try to bring up the menu, it will take 20 or 30 seconds to display and every action takes a similar time.

If I SSH in and run "systemctl restart kodi", it restarts and works fine again.

ERROR: VDPAU::Decode - timed out waiting for output message

NOTICE: (VDPAU) FiniVDPAUOutput

NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

Here is my kodi.log -> kodi.zip

Let me know if you need more info.

Would really appreciate any help you could give on this matter.

• I've just been playing around with Dolphin today. Got it mostly setup but have a question.

Is it possible to change the volume? The volume slider in the config section is greyed out. If I try to slide it, it doesn't change.

I found a volume setting within dolphin.ini but changing this from 100% to 40% made no discernible difference.

Anyone experienced this?

• hi escalade !

In the past you helped me a lot with retroarch compiling for LibreELEC, now I have an additional doubt I hope you can/want to help me with.

When I grab emulationstation from your build I also need to pickup some *.so files in order to make it work in Official LE and include them in /lib folder of my addon.

So here is my question, if I compile myself emulationstation using LE's toolchain instead of borrowing it from your build can I get an independent emulationstation binary that works ok with Official LE without needing /lib folder with additional *.so files? Just like retroarch does.

The truth is that I tried to compile emulationstation both with your LE github repo and with official one (copy/pasting all your depends and emulation package folders) and always compilation fails, so I want to know if I can achieve what I want (an independent binary) before wasting more time to make compilation work. At the end of the day, emulationstation is not a very frequently updated project such as retroarch.

thanks in advance, sorry for this little offtopic and keep doing the good work!

• Hoffy

Get a new computer.

bite_your_idols

This is simply how software works. If you link against a shared library, you'll need to provide that library as well. That's why you don't normally use a RedHat binary on a Debian system, or why you can't expect binaries compiled for LE 7.0 to run without issue on LE 8.0. Your compiled binaries will only run on the platform they were compiled for because it'll have all the dependencies.

You can't expect a copy/paste project between vanilla LE and my tree to work unless you know what you're doing. If you get an error, look at it like a recipe for how to fix it. Any error will tell you exactly what's wrong.

If you wanted a binary to run on any platform you could link in the needed libraries statically. It doesn't matter that it's not updated frequently, as long as it's linked against different shared libraries in my tree than on the platform you want it to run on then you will always have this issue.

• ... why you can't expect binaries compiled for LE 7.0 to run without issue on LE 8.0. Your compiled binaries will only run on the platform they were compiled for because it'll have all the dependencies.

Right, and thats my doubt: why If I grab your ES binary from your LE8 and use it in official LE8 it needs additional libraries? aren't those libraries present in Official LE?

And most important, if I can make ES compilation work using vanilla LE8 toochain, I suppose no additional libs will be needed, right?

I remember that before compiling RA y needed to pickup some required libs from your build to make it work in official LE, but since I compile it (thanks to you!) I just need RA binary file.

You can't expect a copy/paste project between vanilla LE and my tree to work unless you know what you're doing. If you get an error, look at it like a recipe for how to fix it. Any error will tell you exactly what's wrong.

Yes, I did it with retroarch and it works like a charm but ES seems to be more complex and tricky... so thats why I want to know if I can get a binary for LE8 that does not requiere additional libs, to know if it worth the time.

... It doesn't matter that it's not updated frequently...

I mean that I can grab your ES binary (and required libs) and use them for months or years since ES is not a very active project, on the other hand compiling RA is very useful because it is updated almost monthly, with new features, so I can get the new binaries for Rpi and generic in a few minutes instead of burning your build to grab them.

thanks again!

• escalade

What do you mean? This by no means an old PC. The graphics card is an NVidia GTX750TI Strix.

Are you suggesting there is a hardware fault? I didn't have this problem in an older version of openELEC just before upgrading to your build. Is it potentially the newer drivers?

What would you suggest I upgrade it to if I have to?

Thanks.