RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• 20170614:

• Hi escalade,

I notice you now have reicast in the RPi builds, it runs very well however I can't get it to recognise any bluetooth controllers. Namely PS3. It does however work fine over USB with joystick_device_id = 0 enabled.

Any ideas how to get this to work? I'm getting a libevdev error when launching.

Cheers

• Probably because libevdev isn't included in the RPi image. I've added it as a dependency to reicast and a 20170615 image is uploading try that ;)

Thank you! (Except I need to disconnect my keyboard before I pair my PS3 controller otherwise it wont work??)

Got Crazy Taxi running great!

Is there anyway to launch directly from Retroarch rather than emulation station? Or does reicast need to be compiled for libretro for this to work?

• First i will thank you for the wonderful image! It is the only one i know so far that support Cherry Trail platforms (because of the 4.11 kernel).

I've managed to enable and start the tigervnc-system service, but i can't log in. What is the default password ("libreelec" doesn't work)? Howe to change or delete the default password (i only use VNC in my LAN)?

• ikons

The password is "libre", for some reason tigervnc didn't support longer passwords at the time. I just checked and it does now so I'll change it in the next build.

Change it like this: vncpasswd /storage/.config/vncpasswd

• Hi escalade, I got to say it, this versions is fantastic, I'v been following your work for a while, and your version of emulation linux media center has gives me best results.

I tried many distros.... ubuntu, vanilla arch, manjaro, antergos, and always is the same thing, retroarch gives an awful input delay with my joys, wired and wireless, kms activated and all suff; but in your fork I have not this problems at all, the response of joystick is amazing and super fast (my test: super mario world and bsnes mercury balanced downloaded with core updater). I dont know what kind of black magic you do, but it works, and works great (and my pc is an humble i3, 4gb, intelhd2000)

There is one thing I would like to ask you, and is, if it is possible to add "attract mode" as an altertative front end, is super easy to configurate, with a lot of options, and clearly has more future than the old, but no least amazing emulation station

REGARD :)

• LibreELEC provides an excellent platform for emulation gaming as there's no processes hogging the CPU. Also I apply -O2 compiler optimizations using gcc 7.1 and every emulator/core is built together with the OS. Combined with the latest Mesa version and 4.11 kernel it seems to work very well ;) I had Arch working very well on my NUC previously though, but I rather like the simplistic nature of LE.

I don't know about attract mode, looks way to flashy for me. I can't see what it does better than either Emulationstation or RetroArch which is already included. Personally I think the best approach is ES with a list view and a nice theme. It doesn't really need any more development, it's already launching games which is what you need. RetroPie is working on adding features to it as well which I could pull in at some point.

• I tried the bulid over the last few days on my NUC DN2820FYKH and everything is running great except Dolphin emulator which is unable to launch both Gamecube and Wii games. I have tried both iso and wbfs files and no luck for both. Do I need to change any config files or is my NUC just not powerful enough to run Dolphin.

Here is my dolphin.log if anybody has any idea.dolphin.log

• LibreELEC provides an excellent platform for emulation gaming as there's no processes hogging the CPU. Also I apply -O2 compiler optimizations using gcc 7.1 and every emulator/core is built together with the OS. Combined with the latest Mesa version and 4.11 kernel it seems to work very well ;) I had Arch working very well on my NUC previously though, but I rather like the simplistic nature of LE.

I don't know about attract mode, looks way to flashy for me. I can't see what it does better than either Emulationstation or RetroArch which is already included. Personally I think the best approach is ES with a list view and a nice theme. It doesn't really need any more development, it's already launching games which is what you need. RetroPie is working on adding features to it as well which I could pull in at some point.

Well escalade, I feel you about flashy frontends, I dont like either (coff coff hyperspin XD), but the reason is, and is a very personal reason, because of this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You know, flashyness depends entirerly of the theme you like to install, AM is very modular and dynamic, and more user-friendly to configurate than ES or HS or... I dont know

But, it is work and your decision man; but if you can help, or show the way to compile a personlized fork of your fork with all the patches you apply, would be awesome and super cool XD

Things I would like to include (or you could ;) )

attract-mode

vanilla latest mame (retroarch mame still got some problems with a few games, and not, im not referring to a correct romset issue)
    a virtual gamepad (like molten gamepad)

xboxdrv

wine

Keep the good work, you are a spot of light for our couch laziness

• Sorry, but that looks like crap to me :) What is there to configure in ES? It does what you need out of the box, display and launch games. Clone my repo and follow instructions on the wiki to build. To personalize look at the source and modify/add what you need.

meldrak

No, I cut the nvidia-legacy driver from the latest build as it crossed 512MB and thus won't fit on a standard LE /flash. I'll have a look if there's something that can be slimmed down.

• Hi! First post in here, and I was wondering whether your build gets auto-updated through LibreELEC's mechanism (ie auto-download when a new image is available, and notifies it'll be updated on next reboot)?

I guess I've been spoiled a little by LibreELEC's awesomeness...