RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• The skin sounds were changed to the scroll sound from the default ES theme (simple-dark). You can't actually change them due to the read-only nature of LE, but you could copy the estuary theme from /usr/share/kodi/addons to /storage/.kodi/addons and replace the sounds there.

New build 20170528 has been uploaded that fixes the cherry trail / tronsmart x5 plus pcm issue (updated alsa-lib).

• I just tried this build on my box that was running libreelec. It's a regular HP machine x64

Anyways, when i try to boot it just freezes and i have no idea why. I can't access logs or anything because SSH never starts. Can anyone help?

PMx4S1D.jpg

• My autostart.sh only have the line you wrote earlier in the thread, rm /var/run/xorg-configure.done && /usr/lib/xorg/xorg-configure nvidia-legacy, but when I look at xorg-configure.done, its' empty and the size is 0kb? Beside that, then there's no file called xorg-configure nvidia-legacy in /usr/lib/xorg.

It seems like I'm having the same problems as Nexusle, as we both have Atom Intel and ION, but I don't have any problems updating using vanilla LE released a couple of days ago, 8.0.2, without autostart.sh.

• Thanks escalade. I will give it a try and see what happens.

• I'm having an issue when watching media that KODI skips itself forward/back randomly. I've verified all remotes are sitting and untouched. Its super annoying. anyone else experiencing this?

• mrdeadlocked

The update channels will install regular builds, use the update folder.

Rytterdahl

It's supposed to be empty. The file is called xorg-configure, the nvidia-legacy part is the argument.

The autostart trick should work for those who have a card supported by nvidia legacy 340.102. The only difference in my build regarding this is I've updated the kernel and added patches for the legacy driver to compile. I'm guessing the same issue will be present in LE9.

•  

mrdeadlocked

The update channels will install regular builds, use the update folder.

Rytterdahl

It's supposed to be empty. The file is called xorg-configure, the nvidia-legacy part is the argument.

The autostart trick should work for those who have a card supported by nvidia legacy 340.102. The only difference in my build regarding this is I've updated the kernel and added patches for the legacy driver to compile. I'm guessing the same issue will be present in LE9.

Update folder?

• I just tried this build on my box that was running libreelec. It's a regular HP machine x64

Anyways, when i try to boot it just freezes and i have no idea why. I can't access logs or anything because SSH never starts. Can anyone help?

PMx4S1D.jpg

I have same problem.

• Bump on my question anyone? Anyway to diagnose this xorg on boot failure thing?

FWIW I pulled out the HDD and connected to my mac, but I couldn't access /var/log, I was locked into the /storage directory.

• 1. It's based on LE8, but has lots of changes. All the drivers are included, also I use an updated display driver stack (i.e. updated mesa and kernel).

2. No.

3. I have the same issue some times, switching to a different source on the AVR and then back gives me back the picture though. I believe this bug is with the intel ddx driver, possibly a workaround could be to use the X.org modesetting driver. Or disable the use of KMS as described on the first page.

ok man, this fixed blank screen issues when exiting retroarch: (smaller res on older TV's (4:3?)

retroarch.cfg:

video_fullscreen = "true"

change to

video_fullscreen = "false"

Games will still be in fullscreen

Also made sure the kodi system - display is set to HDMI0 instead of just saying default.

but this should have nothing to do with it really cos it's not even touching kodi cos just emulationstation <-> retroarch