RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Updated to LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170327.img.gz
    SMB shares are working again ! thx

But now I get the following error in sabnzbd from thoradia : Error "[Errno 8] Exec format error" while running rar_unpack ...

• I have a strange issue, wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing.

When launching a game, usually audio will work, but intermittently sometimes audio will not work. Without changing any settings, if I exit Retroarch and retry, some percentage of the time it works.

The retroarch log shows the following when it fails:

Code
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: ALSA: Failed to initialize...
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Config shows:

Code
    audio_driver = "alsathread"
    audio_out_rate = "48000"
    audio_device = "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

Edited once, last by zachmorris (March 28, 2017 at 10:56 PM).

• martinconroy

You can run Linux binaries on pretty much any distribution, as long as you have the required libraries. I don't use Teamviewer myself, but I would guess it's packaged either in rpm/deb. Maybe you could extract the files from the package, copy them over and run them as is. If that wouldn't work for some reason you can run pretty much anything from a Docker container. I recommend creating a thread for that and I might be inclined to help you out there as it would be easier for others to find the same information ;)

DownMe

That error message is the same as you would get when trying to run a binary compiled for a different architecture (for example running an ARM binary on x86_64). I'm running Thoradia's sabnzbd on my NUC no issue. Can you try running "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.sabnzbd/bin/unrar" in an SSH session and see if you get the same error? I guess it could be some weird thing happened and you got the wrong addon for your rpi although that would be odd. Try posting in his thread as well as he seems very helpful. Sabnzbd is written in Python so it's platform independent, if the addon runs fine otherwise you should be able to replace the unrar binary with a working one manually.
    [hr]
    zachmorris

Did you turn off "keep audio device alive" under system audio settings? Kodi tends to lock the audio device when playing click sounds for example. My launch scripts tries to solve this by telling Kodi to release the audio device, then sends SIGSTOP to the kodi process and does "usleep 500000" before running the frontend. Look at /usr/bin/emulationstation.start and /usr/bin/kodifreeze.sh to get an idea how it's done. Previously I used to do a "systemctl stop kodi" which avoids the issue entirely, but it takes longer. Let me know if you have a suggestion how to improve this ;)

Edited once, last by escalade (March 28, 2017 at 11:20 PM).

• Hi, thanks for the support. I attach the full log here

I installed pcsx-rearmed lib into retroarch and launch roms without any problem
    and rollback to Mednafen lib and still stuck on a black screen

Hi escalade

Did you oversee this post? I had not seen any answer from you.

I've the same problem...

• nexusle

I can't see anything obvious in your logs, but I have a haswell and I'm pretty sure psx works here although didn't test it lately. Not at home to check right now but will do later.

Blackhazard

The mesa version in this build supports OpenGL 4.5 for haswell, that shouldn't be an issue. Perhaps ask on the RA forum, sounds like there's some kind of issue as you both have this problem.

• escalade, is it possible to start Windows-Games with exe-Files with your builds? Like Wine under Linux? i would be play my old Final Fantasy VIII PC-Version with some mods .Or is there another way to play that game?

• Blackhazard

Yes, I think will be easy to add will have a look in the near future.

New builds are uploading very soon, lazy to list the changes have a look in github for those interested. Basically the LibreELEC OS and Kodi is the same, but most cores have been bumped to the latest git revisions as well as mesa/intel driver.

At this point the build is quite stable and everything should be working as it should. Next I will probably add a configuration addon that will make it easier to tweak my build, like enable/disable KMS, start Emulationstation/RetroArch instead of Kodi etc.

• DownMe

That error message is the same as you would get when trying to run a binary compiled for a different architecture (for example running an ARM binary on x86_64). I'm running Thoradia's sabnzbd on my NUC no issue. Can you try running "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.sabnzbd/bin/unrar" in an SSH session and see if you get the same error? I guess it could be some weird thing happened and you got the wrong addon for your rpi although that would be odd. Try posting in his thread as well as he seems very helpful. Sabnzbd is written in Python so it's platform independent, if the addon runs fine otherwise you should be able to replace the unrar binary with a working one manually.

The unrar version of sabnzbd works perfectly.. the problem occured right after updating LE8 extended

• I like the emulators version.

I did a clean install of the latest version 2017-04-01 and now find that I am unable to access the LibreELEC storage using windows as I did before.
    I did see that FTP was added and this has given me access using the root login.

How to enable access directly from windows file explorer again?