RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• JUst wanted to say thank you for this. You provided a LibreELEC/Retro Gaming Solution I wanted to have so badly for a modded Chromebox i had lying around. :D

Had a question though regarding an issue I had: I loaded PSP eBOOT files into the PSX folder and ES couldn't detect them. Any possibility of an update for that so I can play PSX games?

• i was doing some searching and found the answer to my question.. adding tar to the update folder.

that fixed the chrome issue and that works perfectly now.. but on the latest build.. I am having troubles with dolphin. When I have it load a game from emulationstation, it loads the game in the background with all I can see is the gui and have to tab to it all the time. Also, I cant quit dolphin after I start it. I close the game and press exit from the drop down menu and the system just hangs/freezes. Alt-F4 does the same. I have to ssh to my libreelec box and send the reboot command or force reboot/shutdown from the switch.

Thanks again

• Shockwave

PSX roms work fine here. Supported file formats by the mednafen psx core is cue|toc|m3u|ccd|exe|pbp.

tntsj408

That's odd, it loads in the foreground for me. What hardware are you using?

EDIT: Found this, so the focus bug looks like it's fixed upstream.

As for Dolphin hanging on quit, I get that too. It's a regression, it didn't do that until recently I think. When I have time I'll investigate to see if it's fixed in a later commit or perhaps downgrade.

EDIT: Looks like that's fixed as well :)

Will push out an updated build soon.

Edited once, last by escalade (December 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM).

• What ROM? Can you try to run it manually?

Code
    # systemctl stop kodi && retroarch -v

I've uploaded a new build 20161209 with rolled back RetroArch version, could you try that please?

Every ROM I have (NES and SNES) causes RetroArch to segfault in the same way.
    Running RetroArch manually didn't work (black screen).
    The 20161209 build solved the issue though. Thanks!

Let me know if there's any further testing I can do.

• n00bje

Thanks for the feedback, that shows it's a regression for the RPi in RA master then. Next build I'll bump up the version again to see if it's fixed, if not perhaps an issue should be created on RA github.

20161209 (Generic):

Code
    - Dolphin focus/quit fix
    - FS-UAE AGA/A1200 fix
    - FS-UAE use GPU shader for scanlines (instead of CPU based)

Edited once, last by escalade (December 10, 2016 at 1:06 PM).

• Hi,

I´m new and I have a problem.

I installed the last version of distro in a Rpi3 and when I launch in Internet Archive ROM Launcher a game of NES or SNES, for example, I have the next error in the log retroarch.log:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: RetroArch is built for dynamic libretro cores, but libretro_path is not set. Cannot continue.
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: Fatal error received in: "init_libretro_sym()"

But, when I try the same with a Genesis game, all works fine.

Can you tell me what I´m doing wrong?

I´m very lost.

Thanks for all the hard work.

• hey escalade, you have some of the previous builds available for download? i'd like to revert a couple of builds back and my external drive with files died so im stuck, any chance for help? if not, ill just stick up with latest one or the image i have from september p;

edit: i also noticed vnc is not working, is that LE generally?

Edited once, last by otoha (December 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM).

• awesome.. good to hear escalade.

Another issue that came up with the 1208.. I use your build on 2 setups. Intel i3-4170 and AMD 5350. The latest build displays perfectly on the intel but i went on to update my AMD aswell.. something is wrong with the display drivers for AMD.. it doesnt display anything recognizable at all on the AMD apu. I had to go back to the 1127 build. Not sure if that is from your configurations or what carried over from libreelec since I only been using yours.

Edited once, last by tntsj408 (December 10, 2016 at 2:45 PM).

• What ROM? Can you try to run it manually?

Code
    # systemctl stop kodi && retroarch -v

[hr]
    I've uploaded a new build 20161209 with rolled back RetroArch version, could you try that please?

I'm back on your builds (no longer compiling myself as I finally resolved my docker and mono needs).

20161209 appears to be functioning with everything I throw at it currently. :)
    [hr]

Can some one please help me with locating Moonlight addon for LE on RPi 3? It was in one of defaults repos (probably LE repo). And it was working quite well! After last update of LE (this one wihout default Mono) I thought I would reinstall Moonlight from add-on, to make it work. I did the opposite. I cant locate this addon in defaults repos, and all instalations scripts that I can find in internet arent compatible.

I had a hard time finding it also, but its there.

The only way I could find it was from the main menu
    Add-ons (click)->scroll to downloads (move right)->scroll to bottom of list to program add-ons (click)-> scroll to moonlight

Its weird, if I attempt to find moonlight through any other menu of repositories then its not listed. Something is weird but it looks like its vanilla libreelec that is the issue here.

Edited once, last by jaykass (December 10, 2016 at 8:14 PM).

• [hr]

I had a hard time finding it also, but its there.

The only way I could find it was from the main menu
    Add-ons (click)->scroll to downloads (move right)->scroll to bottom of list to program add-ons (click)-> scroll to moonlight

Its weird, if I attempt to find moonlight through any other menu of repositories then its not listed. Something is weird but it looks like its vanilla libreelec that is the issue here.

Escalade gave me a link to working moonlight add-on. There was a problem with CEC lib.

And I've checked your solution. And there are no Moonlight add-on there. I am sure it was in official repo.

PS. I am full aware I am using beta/alpha software. So even thou there are some problems, thus build is everything that I want and needed. So very big thx to Escalade for his really hard work. Cheers mate, one again!

PS2. I still can't setup 3 gamepads in Moonlight. I have two wireless, one PS3, and one is Tracer Gamepad. Both are working as they supposed. But when I plug Logitech F510 with USB cable, it won't work correctly. Left Analog Joy is working but nothing more.

Edited once, last by RShT (December 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM).

• the new update (1210) fixes the dolphin exit issue. Now asfar as loading the game in the foreground its off and on. It works like %50 of the time. On loading a game from emulationstation, the screen is black, the gui is loaded ontop, or the game is ontop.

My AMD setup still has a driver issue with the new 1210.. last version to work with it is 1127.
    Here is an image:

I tested the latest alpha build i found on libreelec site (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.009) and ran a live boot, and the amd drivers display correctly. Not sure if thats the build your based off or using a newer nightly.

Edited once, last by tntsj408 (December 11, 2016 at 2:57 AM).

• That's strange, do they have to be out of folder or in-folder for them to work? I currently have them in folder right now along with the cover image. I'm going to try just the eBoot (.pbp) files by themselves and see if it works.

• tntsj408

Dolphin launches fine from Emulationstation here, maybe keep an eye on the commit log or PR's for Dolphin for a fix

The latest builds are rebased off alpha9, one significant change that might be related to your graphics problem is mesa from git. Could you try the 20161211 build? I've updated mesa with the latest.

Blackhazard

You put them in /storage/.config/emulationstation/themes.

• 20161211 did the trick on the amd system. The display drivers are working properly again. dolphin's hang/crash was the biggest issue so glad thats been fixed. I can deal with the other since i use a keyboard with dolphin anyways due to controller profiles.

thx again

Edited once, last by tntsj408 (December 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM).