RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Ok Spotify is now starting. When i want to play a song i see this in the log

Code
    (spotify:940): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_send_message: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

Edited once, last by Andi_bz (December 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM).

• Yes asound.conf is set up. If i play a song he continues skipping to the next one and says song not available.

Edit: I had a error in asound.conf. Corrected and now is working. Thanks

Edited once, last by Andi_bz (December 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM).

• That's odd, I guess one of two things is happening:

- Freezing Kodi prevents the script from running any further (shouldn't happen as emulationstation.start is spawned as a separate process by systemd)

- Freezing Kodi somehow occupies the framebuffer on the Pi preventing Emulationstation to spawn

Could you try the following command through SSH on any build:

Code
    # echo step 1 && kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)" && echo step 2 && usleep 500000 && echo step 3 && killall -SIGSTOP kodi.bin && echo step 4 && emulationstation --debug && echo step 5 && killall -SIGCONT kodi.bin && echo step 6 && kodi-send --action="RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)"

Then paste the output here?

Here you go. This is a self-compiled version based upon 20161204 (all I have done in my custom build is temporarily revert docker and mono until I implement a proper solution). I should also add that emulationstation got stuck on the splash screen until I sent a reboot command via ssh.

Also test the 20161208-2 build for the RPi which reverts to the old behaviour of fully stopping Kodi.

20161208-3 launches emulationstation ok, however, no roms will successfully launch now.

...and I found the log for retroarch. Looks like its segfaulting.

And why not one more edit for the night...after recompiling with the latest retroarch git:

Code
    /usr/bin/retroarch: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edited once, last by jaykass (December 9, 2016 at 6:23 AM).

• Edited once, last by Mediacenter (December 9, 2016 at 10:03 AM).

• jaykass

What about Emulationstation logs? Did you try other emulators than RA, like amiga/c64? And I need more details, more logs, more roms tested. I do not have an RPi so it won't get fixed without more info. Also just stick to my builds, libxcb.so.1 is included in mine, this gets confusing if you're rolling your own with your own set of problems.

Basically, from the test you did looks like Kodi can't simply be frozen on the RPi probably because of no X and windowmanager and overlapping windows. That's fine though we can just stop Kodi like before, which it should do properly in 20161208-3. I need more info. Did Kodi get stopped properly? Try launching emulators manually, other roms/cores, etc.

Edited once, last by escalade (December 9, 2016 at 11:11 AM).

• jaykass

What about Emulationstation logs? Did you try other emulators than RA, like amiga/c64?

Emulationstation launched succesfully. I've only been using RetroArch so far. Haven't had interest in the other emulators.

And I need more details, more logs, more roms tested. I do not have an RPi so it won't get fixed without more info. Also just stick to my builds, libxcb.so.1 is included in mine, this gets confusing if you're rolling your own with your own set of problems.

Just rolling my own temporarily to preserve a few things the way they were before removing mono and docker. Once I get that resolved, I'll be back to your compiled builds.

Basically, from the test you did looks like Kodi can't simply be frozen on the RPi probably because of no X and windowmanager and overlapping windows. That's fine though we can just stop Kodi like before, which it should do properly in 20161208-3. I need more info. Did Kodi get stopped properly? Try launching emulators manually, other roms/cores, etc.

I'll work on it again tonight and report back any progress and/or additional logs.

• Ok, thanks. If Emulationstation started properly that means Kodi was stopped successfully as well. Looking at my freeze script it does look correct now, so I'm thinking the retroarch segfault you got was maybe caused by something else. Should be easy to pinpoint by running it manually and looking at logs. There hasn't been any other significant changes other than the Kodi freeze/stop function.

Anyone else with a RPi running 20161208-3?

Edited once, last by escalade (December 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM).

• Can some one please help me with locating Moonlight addon for LE on RPi 3? It was in one of defaults repos (probably LE repo). And it was working quite well! After last update of LE (this one wihout default Mono) I thought I would reinstall Moonlight from add-on, to make it work. I did the opposite. I cant locate this addon in defaults repos, and all instalations scripts that I can find in internet arent compatible.

Edited once, last by RShT (December 9, 2016 at 7:01 PM).

• What ROM? Can you try to run it manually?

Code
    # systemctl stop kodi && retroarch -v

[hr]
    I've uploaded a new build 20161209 with rolled back RetroArch version, could you try that please?

Edited once, last by escalade (December 9, 2016 at 10:17 PM).

• Hi Escalade,

There is a nvidia 304 on your download link, i use it daily and ig works like a charm, i have an old nvidia card and have issues with latest drivers.
    I would like to update this build, and dont care to selfcompile it if you dont want to compil it.
    I looked at your github but didndt find which commit to revert or anything else to do to get it done...
    could you help me
    And yeah i knwo i should get new hardware as core 2duo+nvidia 520 is getting pretty old, but cant help myself from waiting for zen ?, im a believer.
    bibi

• thanks for the awesome build..

Have a question.. is there a way to update to the latest build without installing it fresh from a usb drive. If so how? I have quite a bit of settings done.

I am using the 1127 version of the Generic build and everything is working great that I need to except for chrome. I got an error in the log about a lib file. I was hoping the latest build would fix that...

/opt/google/chrome/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb.so.1

thx,
    T

Edited once, last by tntsj408 (December 10, 2016 at 5:20 AM).