RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• The patch shows you what I have done to add the shortcuts, you'd need to reverse it. If you can't figure out what to do, simply switch to another skin.

You need to configure your joystick before use in Emulationstation. Hit RCTRL and enter input settings.

• That looks correct, but as it seemed kind of hacky and I might find a use for it as well, I've fixed up the shutdown options in the new build :)

20161126:

Code
    - Added an option to launch Emulationstation with --frontend to add shutdown options (that actually work) in the menu
    - Removed Emulationstation CEC patch as it was causing a segfault
    - systemd 232

it works!!! I can boot into emulationstation and shut down system from it. (Only one thing, shutdown/reboot/... options are in the main menu instead of being inside quit menu)

I will keep in safe this build just in case.

you should think about releasing a gaming version of your build like retropie or lakka...

thanks a lot! (one more time)

EDIT: where can I put additional ES themes??

• The patch shows you what I have done to add the shortcuts, you'd need to reverse it. If you can't figure out what to do, simply switch to another skin.

You need to configure your joystick before use in Emulationstation. Hit RCTRL and enter input settings.

thx, controller works :)

2 more questions :)

1) The N64 Roms show a wrong resolution, is there a ini to config this?
    2) If i open a Dolphin Roms, the Dolphin Window is in Front and the Game in Background (Test with Gamecube).

• ok, i need a keyboard for exit a game?
    and, my controller works only in the emulatorstation mainmenu,
    but not in a game (test with mame, n64 and nes)

regard and thx for help

• Well, you can once it's configured correctly. I can see why it's confusing, but this isn't a completely integrated solution evenj if it might seem like it. There's several different programs and configurations in play here. Emulationstation is simply a front-end and has it's own controller config. Most games are run by RetroArch which has it's own controller config. Then there's Dolphin for Wii/Gamecube games, Vice for C64 and FS-UAE for Amiga. Some shortcuts are listed on the front page. FS-UAE and Dolphin comes to mind as emulators which don't have an exit key by default on my DS4 and I need a keyboard. Personally I use a wireless Rii keyboard in addition to a DS4 controller.

• There is an strange thing in your build,I use my arcade control panel as a keyboard (connected with a JPAC) but I can not change accept & cancel button for retroarch, it uses backspace and enter and I need to use z and x. I bind inputs in retroarch settings and it worked for cores/games but in retroarch frontend it doesn't. In lakka it works OK.

Maybe something related with input type or driver? I don't know...

• Hi, escalade

would it be possible to configure lircrc within your build in order to get IR remote to control Chrome?

I installed your build to my mini pc Zotac, which has built-in IR-receiver. Out of the box, I can set Harmony remote to control Kodi.
    But on Chrome it does nothing. (And the ir remote still functions within Kodi interface even when Chrome is running full screen.)

After googling a little bit, I found that in order to use lirc to control Linux applications it involves using lircrc.
    So if this can be done within LibreELEC, I will try to learn more about lircrc how-to.

Thanks.

• pawnthep

Probably, but create a separate thread because it's not specific to this build.

Thanks. Will do.

BTW, another question about pulseaudio.
    - When running Chrome, I notice sometimes if I switch back to Kodi (by pressing alt+tab) there is an option added to sound output, that is, PUlSE: intelHDMI.
    - If I choose this sound output it appears I can get sound both from Kodi and Chrome simultaneously, which I think this is perfect for my use (I don't have to close Chrome in order to get sound from Kodi.)
    - So the question is: can I get this sound configure (force Kodi and Chrome to use pulseaudio at the same time) from the start?

I understand that Kodi have to use ALSA for audio pass-through. But this is not necessary for me.

Edited: I just found a way to get sound configuration I wanted.
    - I set audio output @Pulse Default, Bluetooth Audio
    - When boot to Kodi I just run a script (with keymap): pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,0
    - Then I can switch back and forth between Kodi and Chrome (http://Youtube.com/tv) and always get sound output from both.

• New build 20161204:

Code
    - Kodi 17 beta 6
    - Removed Docker and Mono for a slimmer build
    - Switched to mame2014 for the Generic build
    - Version bumps for a lot of packages

I used Docker for running Chrome/Spotify previously, now that they run natively we don't need Docker any more. If you still need it then install the addon. Run this command through SSH before installing so that the addon finds your containers:

Code
    # mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker && mv /storage/.docker /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/

As Mono is no longer included either you will need to install the addon manually if you use Sonarr.

Edited once, last by escalade (December 5, 2016 at 10:24 AM).

• Thanks for the new build. The updated default skin looks great. :)

But it seems tvheadend pvr client has broken. I uninstalled and now can't reinstall from repo again.

• hi!

Thx for this great Job! I just have a Question, hope its not so nooby ;)

PSX just shows Black-Screen at start, i just put all Bios Version to the Bios Folder!
    Controller will be init. (Yellow Text at right side)! .cue .bin Files are correct!

Any Tipp?

Thank You

Mediacenter
    [hr]
    another Thing is...

The Simply IP TV Client works but i have not Dolby Digital Output as i had before with Kodi Jarvis 6.1!
    Just PCM shows up on the Receiver! Passthrough is acivated and it works with MKV Files (also DTSX without Troubles)!
    Under the Audio Settings i tried everythig out! Also if i switch Audiotrack on ip tv, somtimes i get no Sound anymore, then i need to restart stream!

Thank You for any help!

Mediacenter

Edited once, last by Mediacenter (December 6, 2016 at 8:49 PM).