RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Seems like Emulationstation writes the exit status to /tmp/es-restart and /tmp/es-shutdown:

EmulationStation/emulationstation.sh at master · Herdinger/EmulationStation · GitHub

Put the same while loop in your autostart and remove sudo.

This is my autostart.sh:

now, emulationstation does not launch at boot and shutdown option is still not working.
    The funny thing is that if I remove all the new lines and let only "/usr/bin/emulationstation.sh" even though emulationstation does not start...

• It should be obvious whats wrong just looking at it. Will let you figure it out ;)

EDIT: emulationstation.sh is for launching from Kodi btw, you should use emulationstation.start

Edited once, last by escalade (November 25, 2016 at 4:25 PM).

• It should be obvious whats wrong just looking at it. Will let you figure it out ;)

EDIT: emulationstation.sh is for launching from Kodi btw, you should use emulationstation.start

wooow I would never find out, i am so noob... :cry:
    I will change that line and hope both shutdown and autostart work.

I'll be back.

• You're not trying hard enough :)

You are trying to run ./emulationstation in the while loop, you should be running emulationstation.start there. There should be nothing else outside the while loop.

• so my autostart.shshould looke like this, right?

• That looks correct, but as it seemed kind of hacky and I might find a use for it as well, I've fixed up the shutdown options in the new build :)

20161126:

Code
    - Added an option to launch Emulationstation with --frontend to add shutdown options (that actually work) in the menu
    - Removed Emulationstation CEC patch as it was causing a segfault
    - systemd 232
  • Hm, it works for me. Did you upgrade or use the image? I see now that the generic image wasn't compressed, wonder if something went wrong during the build. I'll rebuild that.

EDIT: Uploaded 20161127 rebuild

Edited once, last by escalade (November 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM).

• ok, i must install the "native" Kodi skin, and after this i must patch this ?

are the first 3 lines are correct?

a question about controller: whcih controller are supported in emulatorstation.
    i try a XBOX 360 wired and a Logitech Rumble2. emu-station show no reaction, if i
    use one of this both.

Edited once, last by noxx (November 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM).