RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I managed to get the firmware to load up, maybe incorrectly, since now libreelec says there is no bluetooth adapter found. lol

I made a folder /storage/.config/firmware/brcm and added the file in there.

It is now loaded but maybe too late in the process for libreelec to use?

Maybe I will pick up the Sony usb dongle, but if anyone wants to humor a computer nerd (not a total linux expert though) I wouldn't mind working this to a solution.

• Anyone have any problems with Bluetooth on a NUC with your image? Libreelec doesnt have the option to turn on bluetooth. I've tried to run bluetoothctl in the shell to see if its turned on but it just stops at "connecting to bluetoothd"

• I've revisited PCSX2 and am glad to say I got it working booting a game. Launching PS2 games from ES is within reach :)

Howd you manage that escalade? I thought PCSX2 was 32-bit only ? Does your version of LE have support for running 32-bit binaries ?

• I'm an idiot, or at least half of one. Dual shock 3's do not work on my libreelec system in retroarch through usb either. They can be used in kodi and emulation station but the same thing still happens in retroarch. The keyboard and controller do not work in retraorch when the controller is active. Back to square one i guess lol

Edit: i did try xbox 360 controllers. They are working without issue.

Edited once, last by Zoltan23 (August 15, 2017 at 1:47 AM).

• escalade

So as my adventure continues, I am getting more confused here. Xbox 360 controllers work no problem. Dual shock 3's are not working at all in retroarch and disable the keyboard when connected through USB or Bluetooth. Dual Shock 4's work through USB only in retroarch, through bluetooth also not working in retroarch and disable the keyboard when connected. Dual shock 3 and 4 both work in Kodi through Bluetooth or USB no problems. Also I tried a couple of USB gamepads that I have that do not have retroarch config files ( I have my own). These 2 are able to be configured in emulationstation and also do not work in retroarch but do not disable the keyboard.

where is the correct place to place my own gamepad configs? I tried .config/retroarch/autoconfig did not work. The place where the builtin in retroarch auto configs are is not writeable. Everything I have tried to configure is getting into the es_inputs.cfg but does not seem to go through to retroarch. Any ideas?

Maybe 'get a new computer' would be the proper advice here. lol It is an old ass machine.

01_KODI.log02_System.log03_Hardware.log06_varlog.log07_input.log09_Journal-cur.log

• 20170807 for generic uploaded:

Code
    kernel-firmware: band aid additions for libreelec-8.2
    mesa: update to 29df4de (17.2-rc3)
    sqlite: update to 3.20
    llvm: update to 4.0.1
    gcc: update to 7.2-RC-20170802
    binutils: update to 2.29
    linux: update to 4.12.5
    e2fsprogs: update to 1.43.5
    xfsprogs: update to 4.12.0
    btrfs-progs-system: update to 4.12

Looks like it's a bit too big for 512MB so won't fit for those on a regular sized partition. I'll push out an image without nvidia-legacy later.

EDIT: I've experimented a bit with different squashfs compression methods and found that xz had way better compression ratio. Haven't done any testing on boot time and such but most likely the differences aren't that big and now everything fits in one image.

Tried this version found in the Haswell directory on Google Drive and it crashes immediately at boot with a kernel panic.

• Hi all.

Getting some bugs ironed out and working quite well now. Now trying to work something out in Dolphin.

I have sound using alsa for audio, but volume is too high and cannot be adjusted. On the Dolphin forum they said only openal, cubeb & XAudio2 has ability to change volume.

I had a look in my system and only cubeb is available on this build. When I enable it, I can change the volume slider but there is no sound at all in games with that audio setting.

Is there something else I can to do to make this work?