RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Sounds strange, have you tried a different SD card? Upgrading from a different build? My build machine did run out of space when compressing the RPi2 .img so I compressed it manually. The image should be fine though, but if it wasn't the .tar should work.

Can someone else confirm?

Only have one sd but it works well with the libreelec alpha 7.90.0.10. I only do fresh install with dd using the .img (like I do with raspbian, retropie and so on ;) ).

I download the tar, but I don't know yet what to do with it. I'll look and try.

• RShT

That PR has already been merged and it's available as an addon, so you can just install that. The kodi-game peripheral addons are meant for use with the retroplayer builds.

Even thou, maybe you are able to add this missing dependencies. Your build have python 2.7, so following instructions from HERE I just need pip2 and enum34. I can't add them by my self.

PS. I've checked your 20170105 build on a clean SD card, and it... yghm almost works. It got stuck on KODI start screen. So there is a progress. No kernel panic. Good!

• Thanks for the explanation for the tar, I actually don't try it as after checking md5 checksum of multiple files there isn't any difference with the .img
    Also I remove from cmdline.txt console=ttyAMA0,115200 and it now start ;)

So no more problem, I just don't understand why this option was blocking the startup.

See you

• RShT

What do you mean? There's an official LibreELEC addon that should include the driver and any necessary dependency. Install it directly from Kodi. What do you mean stuck on Kodi start screen, can you see the Kodi main menu? Is it reachable by network? Any logs? Please guys, try to include as much info as possible. I can't do anything about "it doesn't work".

FoxXav

Have you tried adding the option back again? I'm not convinced that was the problem, as it just enables the serial console. The previous working build had that option too and it worked fine for others.

• I think my latest generic build has 304 nvidia drivers, you'll have to wait for the next build.

how can I download the generic build from December 2016 which has 304 nvidia driver ? I didn't find that old version on google drive

I need 304 legacy driver because only with it my PCI GT610 card can work

• RShT

What do you mean? There's an official LibreELEC addon that should include the driver and any necessary dependency. Install it directly from Kodi. What do you mean stuck on Kodi start screen, can you see the Kodi main menu? Is it reachable by network? Any logs? Please guys, try to include as much info as possible. I can't do anything about "it doesn't work".

That actually all I can write. I can't ssh to this build, so I can't get you any logs. I can't get into Kodi, cause booting stucks on start screen "Kodi, Just Enough for Kodi" etc.
    And in matter of Steam Controller, I did install this addon, but it didn't do anything. RPi sees dongle. Controler can connect to it but thats all at. There is no manual what so ever. So I tried to start xbox emulation from console as mentioned on github, and every time it just msg me back with information "There is no file ..."

Will try to get you something more (logs, errors, msg) if it will be possible.

• Goga777

You can't, as I don't keep archives. As LE uses 340.x for xf86-video-nvidia-legacy now, you'll need to build yourself for support. Just set the version you want in package.mk.

RShT

Actually, now you told me more. The "just enough OS for Kodi" screen is not a part of Kodi, it's a splash screen that is started very early in the boot process. So in being more descriptive I will know more about your situation. It would also help if you could tell me whether or not the latest LE alpha works as a reference point, and if you can upgrade from that.

As for the addon, if I included the driver in my build there would still be no manual other than the information you can find on it's github page. You should start a separate thread in the addon section, as I can't tell you how the addon is supposed to work.

Edited once, last by escalade (January 6, 2017 at 6:40 PM).

• I have already tried to compile master LE with nvidia legacy 304 driver, but with it LE didn't load at all with 304 driver. In xorg.log I read the message that nvidia drivers can't load - and need to read what written in kernel log. But I don't know where can I read kernel logs, nothing useful in /var/log

May be need to install any patch for modern kernel, but I don't have any patches

Edited once, last by Goga777 (January 6, 2017 at 8:04 PM).

• Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of a problem. I am running the generic build as a VM on unraid Linux. I am passing through a Nvidia gtx 750 as my GPU.
    Everything works fine except for sound 100%

To get sound working in i had to enable the msi interrupts on the card by adding the file .config/modprobe.d/sound.conf with contents options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

So sound worked fine in kodi afterwards but still not in emulators.
    I then edited the asound.conf file and added my card. hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1

When running speaker-test it reports that it is in use.

So what i have to do to have sound in emulators, is to first switch the default kodi sound to Bluetooth pulse (although I don't have Bluetooth). Then emulators have sound. Then to have sound back in kodi I must switch sound back in that to what it was originally.

Any ideas why when i run emulationstation the sound is not being released by kodi. ?

Code

Edited once, last by gridrunner (January 6, 2017 at 9:32 PM).

• RShT

(...) It would also help if you could tell me whether or not the latest LE alpha works as a reference point, and if you can upgrade from that.

Clean install of LE Alpha (7.90.010) works. Upgrade to your build on this LE Alpha, also works. So if I understand you corectlly, the reference point is working. Probably it isn't a SD card. I succesfully run from it OSMC and Raspbian today.

And as of trying to upgrade my actually working LE, I won't do this cause I can't make a backup copy of SD card. A well know Windows error pops up.

• I got this working now on my RPi2. Emulators working (sound and all) trying to add my movies/shows into kodi and when I try to update the libraries I get 40 movies (no more no less) that show up. Where's a good plac to start looking for the problem?

• 20170107:

Code
    - Rebased on latest LE8
    - Updated kernel to 4.9.1
    - Disabled vsync by default in Dosbox
    - Updated Kodi to latest Krypton git
    - Updated Mesa to latest git
    - Updated RetroArch fixes XMB UI not displaying properly in some cases
    - Rebuilt RPi2 .img hopefully fixes the last issue

Edited once, last by escalade (January 7, 2017 at 4:21 PM).

• This is an incredible build and almost exactly what I've been looking for sans one thing.

Would it be possible to create a netflix link similar to spotify/chrome? I'd guess a simple full screen chrome container sans tabs & address bar (kiosk mode) that points to http://netflix.com/browse would be perfect, but have no idea how to begin to implement it let alone compile it into an img.

Currently have this up and running on an old asus cn 60 chromebox. Runs a heck of a lot smoother & faster than android x86, open elec, or gallium.

• 20170107:

Code
    - Rebased on latest LE8
    - Updated kernel to 4.9.1
    - Disabled vsync by default in Dosbox
    - Updated Kodi to latest Krypton git
    - Updated Mesa to latest git
    - Updated RetroArch fixes XMB UI not displaying properly in some cases
    - Rebuilt RPi2 .img hopefully fixes the last issue

Clean install of this build works. Now a big test. Update of my main SD with all addon, configs etc.
    PS. Did my last post helped you in any way?