RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi there,

I am looking for help with DS4 wireless controller. It is pairing correctly. It even works almost fine. The problem is with SELECT (Cross) button not working. Also right stick work oddly. Select (Cross) button doesn't work in Kodi 17, but it works in EmulationStation and RetroArch. Right stick in Kodi changes volume, as it should, but in strange ways. To Volume UP I need to push stick to the right! And I cant find how to change this mapping.

Second matter. I'm trying to use two or more controllers with Moonlight. Where can I find config file, where I will be able to put -mapping and -input, so my Moonlight would work properly? And where to put *.map file so moonlight would recognised them?
    A bit chaotic note, but after 4 days of searching I am out of options.

• Somehow Kodi never seem to get joystick support correct. There are issues so I don't use the DS4 in Kodi anymore. As for moonlight I have no idea. Look in the documentation?

• Have noticed from a fresh install that Emulation Station starts up with no systems available, if your using a pad you cant setup your controller config if there an no systems available and have to hard power the system off. Is it possible in the next release to have at least 1 system configured already in Emulation Station?. Also i noticed RetroArch has a lot of pre installed cores and a few of them arent the best versions, ideally you would want....

QuickNES (NES)
    Snes9x next (SNES)
    mGBA (GBA)
    Gambatte (Gameboy)
    Genesis Plus GX (Master Syetem, Megadrive, Sega CD, GameGear)
    PicoDrive (32x)
    Mednafen PSX (PlayStation)

Also when trying to edit shader settings via the shader menu, it still causes RetroArch to crash!, this doesnt happen on the offical release of RA

• I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can use the keyboard to enter settings and configure a controller. Those cores are exactly the ones I'm using, with the exception of Gambatte (gameboy is covered by mgba) and picodrive. Shaders work fine for me on rpi/generic.

• Somehow Kodi never seem to get joystick support correct. There are issues so I don't use the DS4 in Kodi anymore. As for moonlight I have no idea. Look in the documentation?

I don't get it! Dual controller didn't work for last 2 or 3 weeks, and today it stareted to work. Just for two DS3 controllers. Now I will try to add DS4 controler to the mix. Last thing is auto disconnecting second controller in Dolfin. But I need to dig a bit, cause this problem is as new as two actually working controlers :)

PS. Big thx for all new packages, especially for htop!

Edited once, last by RShT (November 12, 2016 at 5:08 PM).

• I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can use the keyboard to enter settings and configure a controller. Those cores are exactly the ones I'm using, with the exception of Gambatte (gameboy is covered by mgba) and picodrive. Shaders work fine for me on rpi/generic.

The shaders work but if you try and alter the shader setting 'Menu Shader parameters' it seems to cause RA to crash

• Hi Escalade,

Thanks for your work.
    I m trying to get sound inside retroarch, without success :
    Aplay -l

Code
    aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
      Subdevices: 0/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    Code
    File: /storage/.config/asound.conf                                                          
    pcm.!default {                                                                                                                           type plug
        slave.pcm {                                                                                                                              @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]                                                                                                                     # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "CARD=Nvidia,DEV=1"
        }
    }but

[/code]
    [hr]
    And

[hr]
    Hard to use the code tag with my tablet

Edited once, last by bibi (November 13, 2016 at 6:00 PM).

• Code
    aplay -L
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
        HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
        HDMI Audio Output
    hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
        HDA NVidia, HDMI 1
        HDMI Audio Output
  • nice! first I will try this hack in my pi, then I will install your build in my arcade PC.

thanks!

I tried in my Pi and kodi does not start, that's ok, but it seems that external drives are not mounted because emulationstation does not show roms in folder from my external HDDs, just from the ones I have in the sd.

Another issue with this "hack" is that when you are exiting emulationstation kodi starts... a shutdown option in ES is missing... can this menu be edited in somewhere before compilaton to include that option?

Also, I want to ask you about Estuary skin. Is the one included in your build the "Estuary mod" skin or you have edited the default Estuary skin?
    I would like to edit/tweak it by myself to include a shortcut in my installed alpha release but I can not find skin files in the habitual addon folder...

thanks!

• As for loading remote roms, look at /storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample to see how.

Hello! First of all thank you for continuing with this excellent distribution.
    I need help with something, I'm a little embarrassed to say it but I just can not get it to work in any way.

I read cifs.mount.sample and the truth I did not quite understand how to proceed. So I had to search in g00gle and what I have done is that in that same folder create an cifs.mount file with this code:

Code
    //XXX/Roms$ /storage/roms cifs user=XXX,password=XXX,uid=0,gid=0,rw 0 0

But it does not work :( Some of you could guide me a little bit more, because if I have not written about it before, it's because I like to investigate until I can, and in this case I have not had any luck.

Another thing I take to ask, has anyone tried Chrome with http://Youtube.com/tv? I try it every day, disable hardware acceleration (by g00gle recommendation) and a few things, but always with the same result. An infinite freezing with a spinning circle, in the smarthphone the seconds advance but the TV does not show me the circle that is charging. BUT if I use the normal YouTube page, the videos work without any problem. What can be caused this?

A thousand thanks in advance, and seriously apologize my English, I hope do not disturb, nor offend anyone, with this translation of google. Greetings and blessings :)