RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Yes, although it would require (a lot?) more work. You would need multilib versions of gcc, glibc and every library that PCSX2 depends on + the libraries that those libraries depend on. It would beef up the size of the image as well. These changes would probably not be accepted by LibreELEC upstream, as I doubt they would want to support 32 bit on 64 bit just for the sake of PCSX2. There's no hope of the PCSX2 devs porting it to 64 bit either, and I can't get it running in Docker (can't get it to open ISO's, most likely using some 32 bit kernel call that is not supported in Docker).

Edited once, last by escalade (October 17, 2016 at 2:15 PM).

• You should be able to update just fine. If there's been new emulators added I recommend running this command through ssh:

Code
    # cp /usr/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg /storage/.config/emulationstation/

If you have an RPi you might want to do that as the n64 emulator was changed to the much better glupen64 not long ago.

• escalade Thanks for the update.

Just curious, what's the advantage of Chrome running natively over running with docker?

I notice that now http://youtube.com/tv can be played without problem, which is really great.

But I can't get sound output in Chrome either from hdmi or analog output. How to configure sound output of Chrome?

Regards. :)

• pawnthep

Turn "keep audio device alive" off in audio settings and configure your /storage/.config/asound.conf if you are on x86.

Not much difference other than not needing the extra storage for the docker container. Easy to update as well, just "rm -rf /storage/.cache/app.chrome" and it will download the latest stable on next run.

Edited once, last by escalade (October 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM).

• @escalade
    I tried various configurations with asound.conf but still have no sound output from Chrome.

In asound.conf

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1"
        }
    }

I tried change "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1" to
    "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"
    "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2"
    "sysdefault:CARD=IntelHDMI"
    but still no sound.

What did I miss here?

• First of all: Thank you for setting this build up!!!!

I installed your version and tried to set up my TV card, but sadly I can't install Sundtek drivers / Addon at latest build.
    Installed 7.90 from official download and this works for me, but i don't have Dolphin then -.-

would you mind checking out?

I will create Logs if u want me to. Error message while installing: "Failed to install"

cheers

• Sorry, I don't have a TV card. Which build did you install? I've just uploaded a new today. Always post logs, there really isn't any way to see what's going on without them.

The biggest change in 20161026 is Kodi 17 beta4.

Edited once, last by escalade (October 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM).

• Sorry, I don't have a TV card. Which build did you install? I've just uploaded a new today. Always post logs, there really isn't any way to see what's going on without them.

The biggest change in 20161026 is Kodi 17 beta4.

I was messing around trying to compile on my own. I get an error for Transmission. It appears the URL has changed.
    transmission-2.92.tar.xz

After resolving that, I get another error for unfs3. This also appears to be URL related. It looks like the github repo has been deleted...nothing you can do about that.

• Anyone messed around much with GBA? Playing on a Pi 3 I was able to tweak a few things to get full speed without audio crackling but I can't seem to do the same on my Pi 2.

This is with mgba for libretro.

I tried to download gpsp from the update cores option within retroarch but it crashes and Kodi restarts when I try to launch a game with it.
    [hr]

The github repo was just a mirror. I've switched to the official svn repo and fixed Transmission as well, thanks for the notice.

Thanks...I was able to compile start to finish successfully. :)

is it as easy to add a package as it looks? Like say, I want to compile gpsp, I just duplicate the package file for mgba...but change the references to gpsp?

Edited once, last by jaykass (October 31, 2016 at 2:00 AM).

• Hello,

I am using your latest generic build of 10/26. For some reason, I can not get chrome or spotify to output audio. I have modified asound.conf and doing a speaker-test results in noise being generated, so the settings are correct. I have tried using HDMI and analog.

Also, how do you close out of spotify or chrome?