RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Thanks for the update !
    I'm a total newb when it comes to docker, I'm only just discovering it. Would it be possible in theory to run steam as a container? or maybe a x64 dolphin emulator?

• Going through my commit log I think I found the issue, I re-enabled building shared libraries for libvorbis after it was disabled in LE. It seems like because I didn't enable shared libraries for libogg as well, there's some check in Kodi that fails and support is not built in. It should be fixed in my 20160806 build, I can see that the binaries are linked to the libvorbis libraries now.

In other news, I've added a Plex Media Server launch script that will automatically download and install Plex. You can now enable Plex like the other services in my build:

Code
    # systemctl enable plex ; systemctl start plex

Thanks Escalade. Looking forward to trying it :)

• Wow ! I just modifed your chrome.sh to pull the steam docker and it worked! No sound atm still tinkering but this is amazing!
    Here's the script i used its a total mod of yours but it worked. Not sure about the all the arguments but I'm amazed I got it working to be honest.
    Blown away by docker.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (August 7, 2016 at 3:49 PM).

• You'll probably need to set up your asound.conf if you haven't already ;)

I have a around.conf in .config but not in /etc would that make a difference? When I load steam it doesn't seem to save any data. So every time I run the script it loads as if it's been ran for the 1st time , accept disclaimer, enter login ect ect. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I know it's slightly off topic and may not be where you want to take your build but I'd love to have steam as an option. Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

• That's what the "-v /storage/.config/asound.conf:/etc/asound.conf" option does, it mounts the file from your LibreELEC /storage and into your container as /etc/asound.conf. I recommend going through the userguide and learn about the different options and what they do. Data is not persistent by default, but you have some options on doing that.

I'd love to have a Steam installer of sorts, but the client is still 32-bit I believe and that's going to be too much trouble packaging up the deps.

• Going through my commit log I think I found the issue, I re-enabled building shared libraries for libvorbis after it was disabled in LE. It seems like because I didn't enable shared libraries for libogg as well, there's some check in Kodi that fails and support is not built in. It should be fixed in my 20160806 build, I can see that the binaries are linked to the libvorbis libraries now.

Hi Escalade, I'm sorry to report, it still doesn't appear to like FLAC files. I've just been testing your 20160806 build. I tried scanning to the library a folder containing an album of FLACs and an album of MP3s - the MP3s are added to the library fine, but the FLACs still fail to appear. The log looks similar, but not quite the same as the Scantags error in the previous build. I've uploaded a new log from the current build here... BWBb

Any ideas what might still be causing it? Thanks in advance and really sorry to keep bugging you!

• I am having some strange behavior on 20160806 (using pi3) build regarding Docker and the --network=host option.

I'm using my own docker containers for sonarr, transmission, and nzbget (as I had them operating properly on a previous OSMC build using docker 1.10.3). However, on your build when I run them using --network="host" option and restart=always, sonarr is able to communicate with the other containers using localhost...until I reboot. Following a reboot, the containers all restart but sonarr can no longer communicate with the others using localhost. It is odd because otherwise they all function properly after the reboot (I verified by going to each of the web interfaces). If I stop the containers (but not remove) and then restart them, all is functioning properly again.
    Like so:

Code
    docker stop sonarr
    docker start sonarr

Is there anything you have done with the installed Docker version that causes this behavior or is this an odd bug?

Docker run example:

Of much lower importance:
    I noticed on the pi version very few retroarch cores are installed initially (particularly Sega Genesis and TG-16). Though, I was able to add more via the built-in updater in retroarch. It also appears that the es-systems.cfg is sparse with systems and will require adding a number of systems in manually (not a huge deal but may be difficult for newer users).

Lastly, if I start emulationstation and press the select button (this usually brings up some sort of metadata editor) while a rom file is highlighted, ES crashes and kodi restarts.

• Fairbs

Looks exactly the same to me:

Code
    ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/TestMusic/Mr. Scruff/Ninja Tuna/01 Mr. Scruff - Test the Sound.flac

I'll investigate when I get the time. Seems my previous theory was incorrect, as the vorbis library doesn't handle flac at all. I'll investigate when I get the time. You can play the files though, right?

jaykass

The docker version in my build is unmodified 1.12.0, I have no idea about your issue. About the installed cores and ES support, I've pretty much just added the most updated/popular cores. I'll see about adding more eventually, but not really high priority.

• Fairbs

Looks exactly the same to me:

Code
    ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/TestMusic/Mr. Scruff/Ninja Tuna/01 Mr. Scruff - Test the Sound.flac

I'll investigate when I get the time. Seems my previous theory was incorrect, as the vorbis library doesn't handle flac at all. I'll investigate when I get the time. You can play the files though, right?

Yes, it plays FLAC files okay through file mode. It's just the tags that it doesn't seem to be able to read in your build. Thanks Escalade, it would be greatly appreciated if you get any spare time, because other than this, it's a brilliant build! :D Thanks for all your hard work.

• I've finally found the issue with scanning FLAC files. Previously I've switched to GCC 6 as some buildbot cores were depending on the new C++ ABI. Rolling back to GCC 5 again fixes it. As a result I've switched back to building cores for the generic build, results are always better when compiling specifically for the target platform. Probably a good idea to stick with the same as LE8 master uses as well.

20160812 (still building):

- Updates to mesa, vulkan-loader, mupen64plus, snes9x, retroarch, fba, core-info and libretro-database
    - Made retroarch fullscreen by default
    - Added tyrquake and yabause cores
    - Added FLAC/mp3 support to scummvm-libretro
    - Revert to GCC 5.4 and building generic cores instead of downloading from buildbot
    - Cherry/Bay trail HDMI audio patch for 4.7

Notes on Vulkan: at the moment, launching games from XMB leads to a segmentation fault (crash). Using the CLI to specify core and rom works. This was working before, likely a new bug in RetroArch/Mesa. Vulkan performance is much better now (on Haswell), but GL/KMS/X is still far superior.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 12, 2016 at 3:52 PM).

• Tired to run the build on a wintel pro box which is an atom chery trail but theres no sound device detected. Kodi doesnt show the hdmi, and aplay comes back blank. I Had sound working previously with an older build but it I may have updated it from a retropayer build. The log doesnt give musch awway but the audio is detected as pulse audio. I presume thats the default fall back.
    Ill have a tinker.

• That's because the cherry trail audio was removed in master after the 4.7 upgrade. You should try my build from today, as mentioned above I've added a new patch.

• Ok, I haven't tested it yet just pulled the latest cherry trail patches from plbossart, which is what's been used before. I have a Wintel Pro myself as well, but haven't had time to test the latest on it. Will do after the weekend.

• Ok, I haven't tested it yet just pulled the latest cherry trail patches from plbossart, which is what's been used before. I have a Wintel Pro myself as well, but haven't had time to test the latest on it. Will do after the weekend.

Thanks dude, I had the box laying around be nice to make some use of it.
    Update working great on x64 setup :) Do you have any plans to add dolphin into the build?
    Oh and just a heads up, scummvm core has had an update that allows you to boot directly to the game, and it works great from emulationstation and IRAL.