RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• slacker666 I have this exact same behaviour, did you manage to get past it ?

escalade Any suggestions ?

• Okay, I have narrowed this issue down. Appears to be an issue with the version of pcsx2 being used.

If I use this very hacky script (for testing) to install Manjaro's pcsx2 package, it works fine on both systems

My guess is the issue is with the archlinuxcn's version of pcsx2

• After updating to the 20170912 build I get some problems.

1) Tvheadend service doesn't start.

2) My wlan adapter doesn't work. Looks like no driver and firmware are loaded. I see it with lspci and lsusb :

Code
    lspci|grep Qualcomm
    04:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
    Code
    lsusb|grep Qualcomm
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:3004 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0
  • The module autoloading in the last version got messed up, I've removed the broken build and a new one is uploading quite soon.

You could remedy it by doing CTRL+ALT+3 and copying an update file from a USB connected drive to /storage/.update and rebooting.

• I have an Intel J1900 cpu.

How can I implement that hacky sh script of yours to my machine?

slacker666 You cant really, the hacky script was just to verify if it was that version of PCSX2 that was the issue, it cant actually be used for day to day.

So unless escalade uses another package, you, me and probably a few other people are sh*t out of luck.
    Im am however working on building my own docker container to do the same thing (But with a different package) so i'll let you know when I know more

• Cool, thanks for the feedback. My NUC D54250WYK runs OK except for some games (Tekken for example) that run a bit slow. God of War played OK though. Dolphin actually seems to run smoother, so guess the older 32-bit code base of PCSX2 isn't very well optimized or the PS2 is just harder to emulate. Would be interested to hear feedback from those with more powerful Intel CPUs, contemplating getting a NUC7 or maybe even the older Skull Canyon if I can find it at a decent price.

Ohh Tekken was the only game I tested, I confirm God of War play better

but have a little issue with PCSX2 as it run at same resolution than KODI and I didn't find in options a way to decrease it

so I have to fallback to 1920x1080 or lower in kodi before launching PS2 games

• slacker666 I've done basic testing on my docker image and so far seems well, very laggy on my APU, but runs nonetheless (Which in my opinion, is better than not running at all, I'd rather know it runs like sh*t than not know why it doesnt work at all)

If you want to give it a whirl, copy /usr/bin/pcsx2.start to /storage and edit the new file, replace all instances of escalade1/arch-pcsx2 with iownsu/pcsx2 then update your es_systems.cfg to point to /storage/pcsx2.start

I'd give it a good few hours though, my upload is crap and the image is still publishing to docker hub

This is NOT considered a replacement for escalades image, more just for testing, I cant really provide support for it other then what i've given above.

escalade, If you're interested, you can check out my scripts for building the image here GitHub - PrimusNZ/libreelec-pcsx2-docker: Docker Creation script for LibreELEC
    Uses Manjaro's official/stable version of PCSX2 (1.4.0-5)

Edited once, last by PrimusNZ (September 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM).

• meldrak

The resolution you are running at doesn't matter. PCSX2 renders at native PS2 resolution by default and it'll get upscaled to 1080p or whatever.

PrimusNZ

I already have a simpler automated setup. PCSX2 1.4 is ancient btw, nearly two years old. Had artifacts and issues with several games on my haswell until I upgraded to the latest git version.