Issue with cinema experience addon

• Hi all,

I moved to LE a few days ago from OE and I'm facing issues with Cinema Experience addon.

The first issue is that video used in the frame of cinema experience (intro, coming soon, countdown etc) are read with major difficulties :
    Images are frozen and or kind of double but just for an moment but several times and almost no sound.
    Sometimes, it seems so difficult that the video does not even reach its end, it stops sometimes not.
    The first weird thing is that I've been using this addon for years with absolute no issues.
    The second weird thing is that if I read the same video from video/file : no issue at all.
    The final weird thing is that this looks to happen randomly, but often.
    I run a lot of test to get this work (tried to remove the video source and re-set it, try to desactivate the addon and re-activate, try to re start libreelec)

The second issue is that despite the addon looks to be set up the exact same way than previouly, I'm not getting the whole sequence.
    The video set as feature presentation outro is never displayed.
    The trailer intro & trailer are not always displayed.

I there something special about this addon, shall I disinstall & reinstall it ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Guillaume

• Surprising that nobody can make any guess on this one.

This addon being very important to me (because very immersive an creating a real experience), Ithink I'm going to switch back to Openelec.
    For the time being, Libreelec seems not to be stable enough for me, maybe later.

Thanks all.

Guillaume

• So, I got back to Openelec with which every thing is working perfectly even with last beta 6.95 version.

For those who may be interested by these features, maybe you can try the new cinemavision official addon, which is also great.

Maybe this other one works on Libreelec, I haven't tried, but just discovered it, and the features looks similar but the customization possibilities are greater.

• I want to add that I tried both to update from Openelec to Libreelec, and then to make a clean Libreelec install from scratch .

In both cases, I faced this issue.

• Something interesting :
    I installed the cinemavision addon on my openelec, and ... faced the same issue as I did with Cinema experience on Libreelec.
    Maybe it doesn't come from the addon or a compatibity, but something else.

The situation is quite strange ...

• Something interesting :
    I installed the cinemavision addon on my openelec, and ... faced the same issue as I did with Cinema experience on Libreelec.
    Maybe it doesn't come from the addon or a compatibity, but something else.

The situation is quite strange ...

I had CinemaVision working fine on Openelec, I then updated to LibreELEC, & it still works. In fact the only small issue I have had with LibreELEC is that Tvhead 4.4 doesn't work, but 4.2 does. Mind you I don't use it very much.

• By transfering all the custom video sequences to a local drive (VS previously streaming from a NAS), It seems that I don't have any issue anymore.

That is a short term solution, pending further investigation.

I would prefer to store the content on my NAS so that I can share those within all my kodi devices (4), instead of having to update all the local drives each time I made a change.

Well, to be honnest, I only have this issue with linux distrib, windows & Android doesn't make any issue...

• As far as I know cinema experience hasn't gotten an update in years. I'm surprised it still kinda works.

Cinema vision is where everyone moved to

Edited once, last by aptalca (May 16, 2016 at 3:44 PM).

• Today, I faced back that same issue with cinema experience & cinemavision on Openelec.

Well, you know what, I moved back to Libreelec & Cinemavision and didn't install Cinema experience addon.
    I also followed an advice not to install TV Addon repo.

So far, it looks to work including wby streaming the content from my NAS, but see next episode...