'VDR' PVR will not start or scan (Wetek DVB-T)

• SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

LE 7.90.009 on Play v1 with ATSC tuner
    These add-ons were installed from LE repo

VDR Configuration
    VDR PVR Backend
    VDR VNSI Client

Configured as shown here
    [Tutorial] Vdr: vdr-addon Configure - WeTek Community Forum

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

1. At boot: PVR manager is starting up (never completes)
    pop-up message [VDR VNSI client: server is unreachable]

2. Enable PVR option does not appear in Settings / PVR & Live TV

3. VDR Configuration add-on > channel configuration returns error:
    "Unable to connect to VDR restfull API"

4. w_scan works -- channels are detected and output file was created at:
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf

(see [TUTORIAL] Using w_scan on DVB-T/T2/C - WeTek Community Forum)
    w scan - LinuxTVWiki

But...

still no channels appear in Kodi TV menu (same errors, PVR manager will not start)
    and no FM radio services are detected

(see also)
    Wetek Openelec Box VDR scanning is just not working! - WeTek Community Forum

KODI.LOG

• Reinstalled the following items through Add-ons / My add-ons / manual update
    All from LE repo, no other sources shown

VDR Configuration 8.1.100 by libreelec.tv
    VDR PVR Backend 8.1.103 by libreelec.tv
    VDR VNSI Client 2.6.9 by FernetMenta, Team Kodi

Also confirmed that /storage/.kodi/addons/script.config.vdr was not missing.
    Versions all look the same as before, and all issues still persist.

Digging deeper, found a post I had overlooked before in my research ; the problem description is very similar but the answer was missing drivers.
    LibreELEC

My tuner is an official Wetek component. They said it was supported in LE/OE...
    (some other discussions about it)
    Builtin DVB-T Tuner not detected - WeTek Community Forum

...but here the tuner is detected
    # dmesg | grep -i dvb

Regarding the call to "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 360:
    The path /usr/lib/python2.7 contains a "site.pyo" (not a "site.py")

Now I wonder if this is related:
    ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: SupportChannelScan - Can't get response packed

• Also there is very big problem with vdr on play2 and le7 / 8. After install vdr (services and tv clients) and restart play2 ecerything stop and freeze on bootscreen . There is no ssh/ftp connection . We need to install new le after this

• Also there is very big problem with vdr on play2 and le7 / 8. After install vdr (services and tv clients) and restart play2 ecerything stop and freeze on bootscreen . There is no ssh/ftp connection . We need to install new le after this

some stuff about freezing here...

OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Need help. Live tv freeze after a short play. (1/2)
    Random Live-TV freezes · Issue #46 · kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi · GitHub
    vdr-vnsi crashes xbmc

maybe log errors to external syslog server in real time
    send log to server ?

...or enable debug logging then remove SD card to another machine for analysis after freeze?

• just for sanity check, could you disable vdr (backend, vdr.vnsi ...) and install Tvheadend 4.2 and after that have a look if the adaptor appear in the webui ? (your-box-ip:9981)
    and pls a full dmesg | paste

After install vdr (services and tv clients) and restart play2 ecerything stop and freeze on bootscreen .

this could only happen if the dvb driver crash (i think) - I have no WP2 so no experience :(

• just for sanity check

IEIB

Edited once, last by LE23 (December 12, 2016 at 2:12 PM).

• At boot, Event Log says:

TVheadend HTSP Client - Server is unreachable.
    TVheadend HTSP Client - Access denied.

PVR manager does not start. TVheadend web interface works, but I can not login to configure the tuner.
    The default login does not work.

Kodi Log says:

ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:9982
    ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command authenticate failed: Access denied

I am confused now. Tvheadend was working on previous builds. :huh:

Edited once, last by LE23 (December 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM).

• Seems i have the same error - doing a channel-scan or using a prepared channels.conf stalls the box.

This is what dmesg says.

Log File of kodi when doing a scan tells this:

Code
    10:33:39.122 T:545980928224   ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: SignalConnectionLost - connection lost !!!
    10:33:39.558 T:545980928224   ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: Login - failed to read greeting from server
    10:33:40.574 T:545980928224  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: Logged in at '1482748420+0' to 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server' Version: '1.5.0' with protocol version '9'
    10:33:40.601 T:546583150816  NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
    10:33:40.616 T:545969770720 WARNING: CPVRRecording::CPVRRecording - unable to determine channel type. Defaulting to TV.
    10:33:40.705 T:545656312032 WARNING: Previous line repeats 119 times.
    10:33:40.706 T:545656312032  NOTICE: Start - EPG thread started
    10:33:40.749 T:545969770720 WARNING: CPVRRecording::CPVRRecording - unable to determine channel type. Defaulting to TV.
  • I seem to have a similar problem with pvr iptv simple client on latest LE alpha on Odroid C2. It is enabled, but at boot doesn't load channels. I have to disable pvr simple and re-enable it again. Didn't have this issue on windows or android.

• pls delete service.tvheadend42\accesscontrol\..... from the userdata addon folder, then reboot your LE box

OK that works

Quote from CvH

just for sanity check, could you disable vdr (backend, vdr.vnsi ...) and install Tvheadend 4.2 and after that have a look if the adaptor appear in the webui ? (your-box-ip:9981)

The adapter appears correctly and channel reception is working now with TV Headend. But the OTA EPG grabber has never worked. This is why I wanted to use VDR instead. I have now updated to LE 7.90.010 but the problem with VDR still exists ("Unable to connect to restfull api")

Does anyone with a Wetek Play have OTA tuner + EPG working 100% correctly?

• When I disabled TV Headend, the Kodi user interface froze...

Code
    ERROR: Unable to find plugin
    ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://
    ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://) failed
    NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping

...but Kodi is still running:

Code
    PID  USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
     2082 root      20   0  772636 190748  40700 S   6.3 21.7 111:59.73 kodi.bin

Reboot & enable VDR here...

did you activated into the vdr adonn wait for dvb device #1?

This was the current setting:
    Wait for frontend initialization = enable
    Number of adapters to wait for = 1

I tried the DEFAULTS button in VDR backend, now the error at boot is gone and PVR manager starts OK. I guess the VDR user preferences file was corrupted. But I dont know how it happened. So PVR manager is working now, but VDR Wirbelscan still does not work (freezes at start of scan). Kodi still works, I can use the back button to escape Wirbelscan. This is what happens when I scan for channels in VDR Config:

Code
    ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.config.vdr/
    ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.config.vdr/) failed

I can close Wirbelscan GUI (VDR configuration) but cannot abort the stuck scan without rebooting. So the problem is now "VDR configuration will not scan for channels."

Also, when I try to play MP3 audio streams, it fails. I see this in Kodi log:

Code
    CaudioDecoder: Unable to init codec while loading file

Edited once, last by LE23 (January 3, 2017 at 2:19 PM).

• I can reproduce:

and the system freezes.

it does not freeze, when the SAT-Cable is NOT connected. - so there must be sth wrong with the driver i'd say

EDIT:
    istn't that too much dvr's? Shouldn't that be only one?

Edited once, last by magicamun (January 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM).