Posts by magicamun

I have tried (a few times) to get tvh up and running - i got stuck at simple things like channel - list and oscam - neither did i succeed in adding external epg-sources nor did i succeed (or have a clue) how recordings - management works (Preventing vdr from recording episodes more than once - database driven...)

My whole setup is currently based on vdr and migration seems to be horror:

~ 1000+ recordings an 600+ episodes of TV-Shows - all scraped with kodi using pvr: (vdr) as backend. multiple instances of vdr witn a common nfs-share for the recordings. I have no clue of how to migrate that to tvh.

Several vdr's (Server, Living-Room, Bed-Room, ...) I currently do not intend to connect all clients to the server and shutdown the local vdr-instances - at least those still work for watching tv if server is down.... (WAF)

CvH:

for the plugin to make sense - you need to setup epgd -> take a look here.

The daemon needs to be configured to retrieve external epg - TVMovie, epgdata or tvspielfilm (TVMovie and tvsp require a plugin for epgd).

Take a look at vdr-portal - Forum - i also might help via PN.

Once you have the daemon setup and running you need at least one vdr - instance with the plugin configured.

The plugin epg2vdr needs a basic setup like this:

vdr and the plugin feed DVB-Epg into the Database and the Daemon mixes/matches external EPG with the DVB-Epg. Daemon has additional features like search-timers.

this is what happens:

Code
    lutz@libreelec:/nas/develop/LibreElec-8$ PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon vdr-addon
    BUILD    vdr-addon (target)
    Executing (target): make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    lutz@libreelec:/nas/develop/LibreElec-8$

Ok - this here (in vdr.start):

Code
    SVDRP_PORT=0
    # epgsearch needs svdrp
    if [ "$ENABLE_EPGSEARCH" == "true" ] ; then
    SVDRP_PORT=6419
    fi

is wrong -because the SVDRP - Port is only configured if epgsearch is enabled - this needs to be changed - VDR should be reacheable via svdrp at any time - not only if epgsearch is enabled.

If the LE-Team does not want that - at least SVDRP needs also to be enabled for EPG2VDR - Plugin

I think the whole part is obsolete and should look like this:

Code
    SVDRP_PORT=6419

and i think that this is wrong too:

Code
    eval LANG=en_US.UTF-8 VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="$VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE" exec vdr.bin $VDR_ARG

Why shall VDR always be startet in en_US - Locale if the system might be setup to use another locale?

hmm - i found it - the log is here:

Code
    .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/service.log

there are some issues left:

in config/plugin/epg2vdr it requires a epg.dat - that needs to be copied ther like streamdevhosts.conf for example - i copied manually and try to get that automated.

I have some other very strange issues not related to the plugin i think. I looks like vdr on the Wetek binds to local loopback - but also that is somehow weird - i'd like to connect to the SVDR-Port (6419) - and fail even on the localhost. ANd i can see the (mysql)-Connection on the Database - but it seems it originates from 127.0.0.1 - rather than the ip of the box.

Thx - there is a little bit more to do - but you pointed me in the right direction:

vdr.start needs to be tweaked - as well as settings.xml and strings.po and .... (The ressources - stuff)

I have the plugin - i have the correct setup - but sth stil is wrong - how can i follow the vdr - logging? (messages, syslog, user.log?)

PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ADDON_OVERWRITE=yes scripts/create_addon vdr-addon <- for generic

thats creates an vdr-addon-$version.zip that could be installed via kodi, the build addons are at LE/target/addons/...

^^^ this requires an LE9 build that it works, if you made PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image you should have already a build :)

unfortunately : no

i do get:

Code
    multimedia.vdr-addon$ ls -la
    insgesamt 4376
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 21:20 .
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 ..
    drwxrwxr-x 2 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 resources
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 lutz lutz 4468118 Mär  6 21:18 service.multimedia.vdr-addon-9.0.107.zip
    lutz@libreelec:/develop/LibreELEC.tv/target/addons/9.0/WeTek_Play_2/arm/service.multimedia.vdr-addon$

but the zip does not contain "my" plugin

updated buildfix2 · CvH/LibreELEC.tv@892d138 · GitHub

and added vdr-addon: add vdr-plugin-epg2vdr · CvH/LibreELEC.tv@45b658a · GitHub

There is likely some configuration needed ? I have no idea how that plugin works.

mine too, guess I looked at the not stripped one :angel:

yes - it needs some configuration and it needs a backend (epgd) to work as desired. If you need/want i could explain - we should use either vdr-portal for that or PN's.

The general Concept is that a backend (epgd) on some machine in the LAN retrieves EPG-Data from sources like epgdata, tvmovie, ... and stores it in a mysql-DB. Vdr-clients also deliver epg-data (via DVB) to the mysql-DB the epgd mixes / enriches everything in that common database. EPG is delivered and retrieved from the (VDR-)clients using this plugin - resulting in consistant EPG over all the machines in the local network.

On LE-Nodes running a own instance of vdr - this plugin is key for me. Otherwise they would lack proper EPG - at least a different than my other ones. I intend to run LE-Nodes without own VDR-Instance (without Tuner) like RPI3 and Nodes with dedicated DVB-Devices on Wetek or x86 for example.

Still building the Wetek Image - i will report if it works