HOw to add a vdr - plugin to LE build?

• updated buildfix2 · CvH/LibreELEC.tv@892d138 · GitHub

and added vdr-addon: add vdr-plugin-epg2vdr · CvH/LibreELEC.tv@45b658a · GitHub

There is likely some configuration needed ? I have no idea how that plugin works.

mine too, guess I looked at the not stripped one :angel:

yes - it needs some configuration and it needs a backend (epgd) to work as desired. If you need/want i could explain - we should use either vdr-portal for that or PN's.

The general Concept is that a backend (epgd) on some machine in the LAN retrieves EPG-Data from sources like epgdata, tvmovie, ... and stores it in a mysql-DB. Vdr-clients also deliver epg-data (via DVB) to the mysql-DB the epgd mixes / enriches everything in that common database. EPG is delivered and retrieved from the (VDR-)clients using this plugin - resulting in consistant EPG over all the machines in the local network.

On LE-Nodes running a own instance of vdr - this plugin is key for me. Otherwise they would lack proper EPG - at least a different than my other ones. I intend to run LE-Nodes without own VDR-Instance (without Tuner) like RPI3 and Nodes with dedicated DVB-Devices on Wetek or x86 for example.

Still building the Wetek Image - i will report if it works

• will make image take the plugin? Or is there sth else to do?

I think the image will not contain this plugin. You probably need to do "./scripts/create_addon vdr-addon" on 9.0. On 8.x you need to do "./scripts/build vdr-addon" before you can run "create-addon".

• I did create_addon vdr-addon and remade the image - booted the image and don't find that plugin - it is not where the others are:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/plugin

what to do?

• Official Post

PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ADDON_OVERWRITE=yes scripts/create_addon vdr-addon <- for generic

thats creates an vdr-addon-$version.zip that could be installed via kodi, the build addons are at LE/target/addons/...

^^^ this requires an LE9 build that it works, if you made PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image you should have already a build :)

compiled addon

epg2vdr-vdr-addon-9.0.107.zip

idk how to configure it (no time to test it runtime yet), there is an debug/log function at the vdr-addon that would allow to search for problems

• PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ADDON_OVERWRITE=yes scripts/create_addon vdr-addon <- for generic

thats creates an vdr-addon-$version.zip that could be installed via kodi, the build addons are at LE/target/addons/...

^^^ this requires an LE9 build that it works, if you made PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image you should have already a build :)

unfortunately : no

i do get:

Code
    multimedia.vdr-addon$ ls -la
    insgesamt 4376
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 21:20 .
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 ..
    drwxrwxr-x 2 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 resources
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 lutz lutz 4468118 Mär  6 21:18 service.multimedia.vdr-addon-9.0.107.zip
    lutz@libreelec:/develop/LibreELEC.tv/target/addons/9.0/WeTek_Play_2/arm/service.multimedia.vdr-addon$

but the zip does not contain "my" plugin

• unfortunately : no

i do get:

Code
    multimedia.vdr-addon$ ls -la
    insgesamt 4376
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 21:20 .
    drwxrwxr-x 3 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 ..
    drwxrwxr-x 2 lutz lutz    4096 Mär  6 17:22 resources
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 lutz lutz 4468118 Mär  6 21:18 service.multimedia.vdr-addon-9.0.107.zip
    lutz@libreelec:/develop/LibreELEC.tv/target/addons/9.0/WeTek_Play_2/arm/service.multimedia.vdr-addon$

but the zip does not contain "my" plugin

Look into addons/service/vdr-addon/package.mk . There is a variable PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET where you need to add your plugin. Rebuild the vdr-addon and it should contain your plugin.

• Thx - there is a little bit more to do - but you pointed me in the right direction:

vdr.start needs to be tweaked - as well as settings.xml and strings.po and .... (The ressources - stuff)

I have the plugin - i have the correct setup - but sth stil is wrong - how can i follow the vdr - logging? (messages, syslog, user.log?)

Edited once, last by magicamun (March 7, 2018 at 8:07 AM).

• Thx - there is a little bit more to do - but you pointed me in the right direction:

vdr.start needs to be tweaked - as well as settings.xml and strings.po and .... (The ressources - stuff)

I have the plugin - i have the correct setup - but sth stil is wrong - how can i follow the vdr - logging? (messages, syslog, user.log?)

Ah of course you are right. Sorry for forgetting to mention this. So far I never added a plugin, only modified existing ones.

As for the logging: If you do not want to enable global debug logging in kodi, you can set the log level of vdr in the vdr.start script (line 54) and examine it in the system logs via "journalctl -x"

• we fixed it for LE9, so all you have is to enable debuglog at addon settings

Thanks for that information!

My server is still running 8.2.3. I only updated vdr to 2.3.8 (to get the new vnsi server) and it is running rock solid since I installed it. Existing problems are more on the client side.

• hmm - i found it - the log is here:

Code
    .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/service.log

there are some issues left:

in config/plugin/epg2vdr it requires a epg.dat - that needs to be copied ther like streamdevhosts.conf for example - i copied manually and try to get that automated.

I have some other very strange issues not related to the plugin i think. I looks like vdr on the Wetek binds to local loopback - but also that is somehow weird - i'd like to connect to the SVDR-Port (6419) - and fail even on the localhost. ANd i can see the (mysql)-Connection on the Database - but it seems it originates from 127.0.0.1 - rather than the ip of the box.

• I have some other very strange issues not related to the plugin i think. I looks like vdr on the Wetek binds to local loopback - but also that is somehow weird - i'd like to connect to the SVDR-Port (6419) - and fail even on the localhost. ANd i can see the (mysql)-Connection on the Database - but it seems it originates from 127.0.0.1 - rather than the ip of the box.

Check .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/svdrphosts.conf

It should contain at least the line 127.0.0.1. You can also add 0.0.0.0/0 which will allow access from anywhere.

And how does the output of ifconfig look?

• Everything fine... epgsearch was disabled and that caused vdr not to open a SVDRP-Port - i consider that a bug in the startup-scripts of vdr on LE

AFAIK this can be set in the configuration of the vdr addon. IMHO it would be a bug if you enabled it there and it still does not work.

• Yes - can be set and works as designed - but i think that "design" is wrong. Usage of SVDRP-Port must NOT be bound to usage of epgsearch... and currently is.