Updating LibreElec version on RPi4/5

• This question may be better asked on the Raspberry Pi forum but I'll try here first.

I generally update my RPi4/2gb & RPi5/4gb every time a new le12 nightly comes out and a while ago observed there was a noticeable difference in the time taken for them to update.

Finally got round to using a stopwatch to check (these are times from when the "Decompressing image file..." message first appears):

RPi4: time to decompress = 27 secs; total time up to the "System reboots now..." message = 40 secs
    RPi5: time to decompress = 54 secs; total time up to the "System reboots now..." message = 78 secs

So double the time for a much more powerful cpu - unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious. Double the ram shouldn’t make any difference should it?

I'm not really bothered about waiting for it to update, more curious as to why a RPI5 is so much slower.

p.s. le running on a usb 3.0 stick in both cases (similar read/write times).

• If i drop the image in the update folder and measure from when i click Reboot till its up and running, my Pi 5 is about 15 sec faster than my Pi 4, booting from ssd on both.