Moonlight Addon on OdroidC2

• Hi,

I last tried this with 7.90.008 Alpha

i want to use the moonlight addon on my Odroid C2 with NVIDIA Gamestream on my Windows PC.
    It is possible to get the devices paired and i am able to see the available games.

But when i start a game via moonlight addon i get a black screen and nothing happens - the only thing i can do is a hard reset then.
    The game starts on my windows pc.

Does anyone know how to get this addon working on OdroidC2? If needed, i can provide some logs this evenig or tomorrow evening.

Greetings
    seppel

• Unfortunately, it seems like moonlight is only supported on the raspberry pi and x86. The addon has functioned this way, since its inception and requests for s905 support have been ignored every time this subject has been raised.

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (December 9, 2016 at 4:53 AM).

• Unfortunately, it seems like moonlight is only supported on the raspberry pi and x86. The addon has functioned this way, since its inception and requests for s905 support have been ignored every time this subject has been raised.

Not true, It is supported on AML also, however I don't have a windows PC so I cannot actually test the add-on, I can only make sure it builds for all platforms.

• I don't think it's properly compiled for AML

relevant info can be found on this Odroid Forums thread.particularly:

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (December 9, 2016 at 12:28 PM).

• You're on an old version, which add-on version are you using?

I'm on the most recent version according to the repository, 7.0

According to the file:
    /storage/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/addons.xml

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (December 10, 2016 at 2:47 AM).

• Neat, just updated to the latest version, "8.1.103". It's definitely compiled correctly for AML now :D

It now appears the issue is that pairing doesn't seem to actually work.

I'll need to track down if it's on LE or windows side before submitting log files when I have time.

• i just tried this, but i get the black screen again (as described in first post).
    there was no need to pair the devices again because it seems that my old settings were not deleted.
    is there anything i can do to help?

• i just tried this, but i get the black screen again (as described in first post).
    there was no need to pair the devices again because it seems that my old settings were not deleted.
    is there anything i can do to help?

To pair your devices again, on your windows pc, in the GeForce experience there will be an option to "Forget Devices". I can't tell you exactly where it is on version 3 sorry, as I'm currently using a version 2 release whilst I try different configs in an attempt to work out what's going wrong, but it'll probably be somewhere in the Preferences > SHIELD menus.

What's interesting to me is that no matter which version of Nvidia Geforce Experience I run, I don't quite get the same result as you.

For me:
    I can pair devices
    I can browse my games list
    When I attempt to run a game, the C2 becomes unresponsive (not a black screen).
    The game is not launched on my windows pc.
    I need to hard reset in order to regain use of the C2.

Your Logfiles may be helpful.

• JOWU

Start at

20:15:28.247 T:546009907424 DEBUG: UpdateAudioSystemStatus - CEC capable amplifier found (Audio). volume will be controlled on the amp
    Thats right after reboot and then i directly start moonlight with game witcher3.

Notice: My C2 is NOT unresponsive with this black screen. I can connect via SSH - but thats all. Seems like kodi crashed or moonlight hangs "above" all other applications.

I further noticed, that not every game starts properly.

Greetings

• odroidc2:~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/bin # moonlight stream -720 -60fps -for - Pastebin.com

dont know if use the same arguments as the kodi plugin. screen stays black.

Edit:
    Have a look at this thread:
    ODROID Forum • View topic - Moonlight Black Screen
    Maybe the information provided in this thread may help you. But it seems like the "EVIOCGRAB failed with error 16" error is not solved there.

greetings

Edited once, last by seppel (December 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM).

• Hey!

I tried moonlight via the addon on my generic machine. It pairs well, I get a list of games. When I select one, kodi crashes after 5 seconds and then restarts. The service.log file says

SDL: could not create window - exiting

When I try to start it manually via the command line, pair it and try "moonlight stream", I get the same error message.

Edited once, last by Mettbrot (December 19, 2016 at 11:13 AM).