IR Remote not working - Popcorn Hour Transformer

• Hi,

I installed LibreELEC on a Popcorn Hour Transformer, however the included IR Remote is not working. Is this something that can be enabled as a Kodi addon or otherwise?

The IR remote does work with the Android installation(s) that came with the Transformer, but Android 7 and 9 on this device has not fast enough to play 4K UHD content smoothly.

Thanks!

• Sorry I forgot to include specs:

Popcorn Hour Transformer hardware is a modified version of Pine64’s Rock64 SBC with SATA and an IR remote control. Mine has a Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor with Mali-450MP GPU, 4GB of Ram, a 256gb eMMC, 500gb SATA SSD, and 256GB SDcard.

• Thanks for the tip.

Is there any way to bring up a console in LibreELEC or do I need to make a remote connection?

My remote does appear to be the same remote as the Pine 64 IR remote:

PINE64 IR REMOTE with IR RECEIVER SENSOR - PINE STORE
    Basic IR remote control with IR receiver Does not have Air Mouse capability. Uses AAA Batteries (not included) Installation Guide – PINE64 IR Receiver
    pine64.com

Hopefully that means I can use the solution here:

klode82
    February 13, 2022 at 4:09 PM
  • If your using the actual pine ir-remote you should be able to just follow the thread here on LE regarding setting up ir-remotes... I think you can find that thread under the Wiki tab.

Pines remote is using the nec format and should be as simple as putting the pine64.toml into the rc_maps.cfg/rc_keyboard as per the IR Remote thread under Wiki. Im not sure about the box your playing with as i am using just the normal rockpro64 sbc which that remote is also meant to work on... in my case the sbc has a vacant 3pin header the pretty much any ir-receiver 3 pin package can be put into and then you will need to map out the remote your using where as the actual Pine64.toml is already built into the sources so you just need to set it using the proper toml file. hope that helps

sorry,,, brain fart as i didn't actually look at the link chewitt posted as thats the wiki link you want to follow...

Edited once, last by buzzmarshall: Merged a post created by buzzmarshall into this post. (August 3, 2024 at 9:45 PM).