Pine A64+ IR Remote not working

• I've installed the latest nightly build of LibreELEC for PineA64+, version 20220213.

It works fine, except for Wi-Fi module and IR remote.

For the first, I'm using the Ethernet cable, so i've resolved.

For the IR Remote, I've made steps in this page:

LibreElec Configuration IR-Remotes

But I got:

Code
    ir-keytable
    No devices found

How can I use the IR Remote on my Pine A64+?

• Neither wifi nor IR receiver are present on Pine64+ board by default. Did you add any of them by yourself? If so, you should activate them via DT overlays first. Just add FDTOVERLAYS /overlays/sun50i-a64-ir.dtbo /overlays/sun50i-a64-pine64-wifi-bt.dtbo to extlinux/extlinux.conf on FAT32 partition.

• I know, I own the board. However, Linux rule is that if something is missing, it's not enabled. Sockets/headers don't count. So just add above lines and it should work.

• Thanks jernej - I' hadn't understand on first reading of your reply. So, I've added the code inside the file extlinux.conf, before the line with command FDT like below:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dtb
      FDTOVERLAYS /overlays/sun50i-a64-ir.dtbo /overlays/sun50i-a64-pine64-wifi-bt.dtbo
      APPEND boot=UUID=1302-1252 disk=UUID=79a06ea9-ed8f-4364-b22a-b1f873446521 quiet console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1

Now I'll try to start with this configuration.

• Thank you jernej it works. I've got the command ir-keytable with protocol rc-5 with signals.

I've mapped the FBPC100A, the remote control for Technisat SkyStar USB DVB-S2 decoder, actually unused.

Now I'm trying to use it with LibreELEC. May I continue to require help here, or does I must to create another thread?

• Ok, so I've created a file named /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/fbpc100a.toml. It contains as described on this pastebin link: fbpc100a.toml

So inside the file /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg theres is this line: *  *  fbpc100a.toml

But when I've reboot PineA64+ I cannot use the remote control, the keys KEY_UP and KEY_DOWN does not move inside interface.

May I've lost something?

• I've found my issue.

1. There was some code duplicated inside .tolm file; using the command:

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/fbpc100a.toml

I got this error; so after I've corrected the config file, the IR Remote works like a charm. So this command is essential in order to use the configuration with lircd.

• I have bought the ir-remote from pine-shop with sensor and istalled it. I have activated my ir-remote like description above. But it does not working. I'm not really fit with linux, but ist enough for a handfull little things. Here is my print from ir-keytable command:

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20230309-5426f16 (A64.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ with:

Name: sunxi-ir

Driver: sunxi-ir

Default keymap: rc-empty

Input device: /dev/input/event6

LIRC device: /dev/lirc0

Attached BPF protocols:

Supported kernel protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon rc-mm

Enabled kernel protocols: lirc

bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

What i have to do now?