Autorepeat problem with DVB-S2 tuner IR Remote Control

• Hello everyone,

Sory to bump this issue again after 3 years but what happened at that time was the driver for my technotrend tt-4600 having alot of problems and I was not able to use it proparly and one of them was the autorepeat of the IR remote control as you can see in this thread, so I ended up all plans and projects for a media center at that time.

I decided to give it a try again now since I have found that the driver is working without any problems once crazycat drivers are activated. I would like to use the IR remote supplied with the tuner.

I know you have advised me to get an MCE USB remote control that will work OOTB but it seems that it is not available for online orders anymore and even if you find it, it will not be practical to buy it (under its current price) with international shipping cost in addition compared to the price of the raspberry pi for example.

So HiassofT solved in that thread most of the problem and he was nice enough to build an image and uploade it in the thread and explained what he did. Is there any way for some one like me without any skills in linux to repeat that again or at least find a way to learn what he did so I could do it myself (the kernel patch)?.

The idea is that I don't want to be a burden every time in fixing these issues and I would like to learn.

Best Regards

• Thank you CvH for your reply. It's more about the desire to learn what has been done and not to waste a piece of hardware that is laying around...that's it. I know that using a USB remote will be much better but it was the desire to learn something. I know this is not a forum to teach Linux but what really made me post this again is what I have told you above. I like to learn how to tune things to my preferences. One more thing to mention is that the remote works without any problem under windows using TTviewer as there is an option in the software to set "Antirepeat to 125ms", and that what made me believe that it should be achievable in libreelec that's why I was trying to tune it. But again I don't have the required coding skills.

I'm willing to learn. It will be a very nice experiment. I would really appreciate if someone tells me where to start.

Thanks to you all

• You can try to workaround that by setting a larger repeat delay with "evrepeat".

First run "ir-keytable" to find out the input device of the IR receiver (eg /dev/input/event0)

Then use the "-d" option of evrepeat to set the delay in ms (try with eg 1000ms / 1 second) - adjust the device number to match the one on your system. eg:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # evrepeat -d 1000 /dev/input/event0
    Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
    Changed repeat delay to 1000 ms and repeat period to 125 ms

If this doesn't work then I recommend using a MCE USB or Flirc receiver.

so long,

Hias

• Code
    LibreELEC:~ # evrepeat -d 1000 /dev/input/event0
    Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
    Changed repeat delay to 1000 ms and repeat period to 125 ms

Thank you very much for your reply. But this is what I get when trying to apply evrepeat:

Do I need to install something before trying to use evrepeat?

Regards

• Which LE version are you using`? If you are still on LE9.x simply run "ir-keytable -D 1000".

so long,

Hias

Thank you very much. Indeed I'm still using 9.2.8 because this is the latest for RP3. ir-keytable worked. but it did not solve the problem and I give up now. Thank you very much for your help.

I was wondering in case it worked how would you make that change persistent? because every time you reboot the original values for D and P is modified again.

Thanks again for your time

Best Regards